Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why am I feeling so angry? (New to Raw food)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 27, 2009 02:25AM

Hi everyone,

I've been reading through the forum and I just want to say how great everyone
is here. I hope you can help me with my issue as I am new to raw foods.

I've been on a raw food diet for 12 days. I'm finding the diet easy to stick to and I'm enjoying the variety. But there is one problem. I've been experiencing so much anger in this past week! I'm normally happy and easygoing but this week I've just been erupting like a volcano.

Is this a typical detox symptom? If so, when does it pass? My poor boyfriend.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why am I feeling so angry? (New to Raw food)
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 27, 2009 04:11AM

Yes. Very normal. Try to focus on what issues might be making you angry emotionally. Unresolved issues with one's parents are very normal (in my experience). It might not apply to you, but displaced issues of abandonment and emotional abuse or deprivation are rather normal. In any event, always try to find a way to channel one's anger into higher things....rather than trying to fight the anger. Heh..heh.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: January 27, 2009 06:28AM

welcome to what raw does.

It never is about the food you would go through this on a water fast the food simply slows it down and eating a low fat raw fiet is about as slow as you can go to the emotional volcanoe.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 27, 2009 10:06AM

Its emotional detox. You know how you can tell whats really bugging you deep inside ? The same issue keeps coming back at you in the wee quiet hours especially shortly after getting up before you've had breakfast. It passes or at least it subsides with time.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 27, 2009 11:46AM

I have heard that raw foods have a higher vibration then cooked foods. When you eat low vibration cooked foods it blocks the flow but when you eat higher vibration foods, including fasting, the energy paths are much more open and flowing.

Date: January 27, 2009 01:50PM

I've been going thru emotional upheaval since starting raw on Jan. 1. I see it as a good thing, but not an easy thing. The irony to me has been that cooked foods (especially pasta & breads) were numbing me before and keeping the emotional crap locked up and they were also they way in which I dealt with those emotions. So, there's been nothing to fall back on except just facing my issues and dealing with them. For me, writing has helped. Also, taking walks and doing yoga (on the wii) have made a difference. My husband has been eating raw along with me and going thru the same types of things, so its been pretty hard, but now we both feel better about the negativity that's come out, and we're in a much better place.
I read somewhere this week (sorry, I can't remember where) that its good to think of yourself as a whole being, so changes in one part - diet- will necessarily provokes changes in other parts - emotions, etc. I do wish I had been more prepared for this before we started eating raw.
Don't know if any of this help, but just know that you are not alone, and hopefully the process you're going thru will get the negative emotions out and not just buried somewhere.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: January 27, 2009 04:59PM

Always remember cooked food is very addictive. You are in withdrawal.

Posted by: Wies0087 ()
Date: January 27, 2009 05:17PM

Another thing is, raw food is said to cure (or greatly improve) PMS, and before things get better they can really flare up, like you're "purging" it.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 27, 2009 06:18PM

Also, I think maybe when old toxins are broken up and flushed from the body, some of that old toxic mix is re-released into the bloodstream on its way out. Since blood goes everywhere - including our brain, those old toxins could have a temporary effect on our hormones, and even our thoughts. If we're reasonably healthy, and if we stay raw, the toxins eventually make their way to the outside, through perspiration, breath, urine, or whatever.

Just a theory.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: January 27, 2009 08:01PM

I have some experience in this department. I would like to add my support to the general consensus of this thread that eating raw food will bring about emotional detoxing. However, I now feel that the cause for this very definately has physical connections as sunclouds statement suggests, and that heavy metals play a significant role in it.

I believe that as your diet gets less toxic and more nutritious, your body then has a chance to finally start clearing itself of of the toxins that it has had to pack away within your cells over a lifetime of being bombarded with more than it can process and eliminate effectively. This releases all sorts of nasties into your blood and elimination systems, and these then effect the function of the body accordingly.

It is well documented what effects various metals have on the emotional and mental state of our bodies, and these corespond exactly with the symptomatic effects of using a method specifically to purge them. I thought that I would have progressed a reasonably long way in clearing myself of them due to being on raw for over 18 months, but I just recently partook an action to cleanse heavy metals, and the results were astounding. Emotional depression, fear and anger were just some of them.

You can read about them and many more similar experiences from other people if you go here [www.curezone.com]

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: January 28, 2009 05:35AM

I know I have posted this before, but I think Rosalind Gruben does the best talk I have ever seen about raw eating and emotional upheavals....

[video.google.ca]

Hope this helps!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2009 05:39AM by Sapphire.

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: January 28, 2009 06:21AM

Yes this is the best video ever on this subject matter and it is worth the time to watch.

Posted by: krispernugget ()
Date: January 28, 2009 08:50PM

I agree with taking walks and yoga classes smiling smiley
it reaalllllly helps!<3

Date: January 29, 2009 07:07PM

Wow, thank you for the informative posts!
I am feeling better now. I absolutely loved the
video that was posted. Emotional toxins are stored
in the body too! Fascinating, enlightening stuff.
What a wonder are bodies are!

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: January 30, 2009 07:25PM

sapphyre

thank you for this wonderful video. I loved it !!!

Cynthia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables