Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anxiety, panick attacks and a coated tongue
Posted by: bindiguurl ()
Date: July 12, 2006 11:41PM

hi everyone.

i have heard some raw foodists say they don't have panick attacks anymore since going raw. has anyone else found this? and if so, how long did it take before you panick attacks were gone for good?

also, what does it mean when you have a white coated tongue? i've heard it isn't good for you.

cheers,
bindiguurl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anxiety, panick attacks and a coated tongue
Posted by: juicegirl ()
Date: July 12, 2006 11:45PM

My first master cleanse i had a white coated tongue and had read it was one of the ways your body eliminates toxins. After 6 days if turned back to pink. Luckily it has stayed that way

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 13, 2006 12:18AM

my husband has been raw for about 2 months and began weaning himself off of his panic meds after about a week. no more pills, no more attacks now. he cut his dosage by 1/4 after a week, then each week after that another 1/4th. He did the mastercleanser with me last month and feels great! He was on xanax and that coated his tongue and made his food taste funny. It may be your meds doing that to you.

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: July 13, 2006 06:41AM

Hi there,

I had depression and anxiety, including panic attacks. The depression went away very quickly and the anxiety lessened considerably very quickly. I'd say both the depression and the anxiety/panic attacks were gone within about six months of 100% raw.

A coated tongue indicates a toxic condition in your body. If you eat raw for a period of time and transition to a simple, pure diet it will clear.

Take care,

Audrey
www.rawhealing.com

Posted by: mallow ()
Date: July 13, 2006 09:10PM

I have had depression since I was 11 or so, and I have had panic attacks for about two years. I still have them.
My panic attacks are triggered by people/events in my life, not my system, and thus they have not decreased since becoming raw.
My on and off depression is affected by the same triggers as my panic attacks, but not exclusively. My depression has somewhat decrease since going raw.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: July 17, 2006 07:47PM

I had mild depression and anxiety and they both definitely went away on the raw diet (though I had days when I felt them in a more concentrated form as a result of the detox process, ouch!). I actually wasn't even aware of how bad I felt, before I started feeling better.

My ex-boyfriend, who grew up macrobiotic, told me something interesting that I never believed until I went raw: he said that eating meat gives you anxiety because right before the animal is killed its cells flood with the stress hormone cortisone as a result of the flight-or-fight response, so when we eat meat, we eat all those anxiety hormones.

If you're on a raw diet and decide to eat bacon or something, see if you don't notice this right afterward.

Meat = anxiety

btw my depression and anxiety came on as a result of my own lifestyle, I wasn't born with either and felt generally great until prob my mid/late-20's when I was eating more meat, doing recreational drugs etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2006 08:00PM by sunshine79.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables