Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Strange..
Posted by: ShineON ()
Date: July 13, 2006 01:31AM

Well I've been Raw for 2 weeks now. I dove in head first to 100% and stressed myself out. So a few nights ago I ate some cooked lentil soup. Felt ok, didn't notice.. I decided to eat a cooked meal for dinner every other night while I'm transitioning. So,tonight I ate a huge plate of cooked quinoa and black beans. Needless to say, 2 hours later, I can barely keep my head up, I almost feel drunk. I am not hungry which has been a rarity recently, and that feels nice. However I don't have any energy and feel extremely dehydrated. This has been a great lesson, and living experience of how what I thought of as really healthy vegan cooked food, could turn on me into a strong depressant with major effects on my systems. Strange! You guys aren't kidding about this whole cooked food idea! winking smiley

Peace..

Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Strange..
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 13, 2006 10:30AM

Ha! ha! Yes. I hear you.

-Many non-raw people don't have the courage to realize that you may have to eat MORE crap initially.......or become more sensitive.....to realize deep in your gut it's effects.....and thus be easily motivated to make a change.

-The question is always: must one suffer to be adequately motivated to make a change? Or can one choose to learn from the experiences of others and move freely into health?

-David Mason

Posted by: mallow ()
Date: July 13, 2006 09:12PM

Jeff,
You inferred that you have been frequently hungry since going raw. Perhaps you are not eating enough? If you eat enough raw, you won't feel as much as though you need to eat cooked.

Date: July 14, 2006 12:34AM

Mallow, your right, I wasn't ready for the volume that I need to be eating. A salad for lunch doesn't do anything for me except make me lose weight that I don't need to be losing. I find that I personally need to eat hefty meals of fruit as my base along with greens. Today was really good, I drank a bunch of green smoothies, and had pretty high energy all day..

Jeff

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: July 14, 2006 12:45AM

Hey Jeff,

Are you trying to go full out Natural Hygiene or going down the raw food path. There are so many wonderful raw dishes to make and enjoy. First thing is to invest in a few good raw uncook books and a few tools. I have a greenstar juicer, Breville Juicer Plus, Ktec Champ Blender, kitchen aid food processor and a good, german slicer. I also have a pickling ceramic barrel for making sauerkraut and kim chee. These are all things I purchased over time but the ktec champ blender was first on my list and it's the one piece of equipment I use the most. Enjoy this diet but add a lot of variety. If you don't, you'll fall back to a standard vegan diet quickly. I have already been there and can attest to this from first hand knowledge.

Anyway, have fun with this new journey. We can all recommend so great raw books to help you out with new dishes.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: July 14, 2006 02:01AM

I'm really really busy to make the recipe's that I've found in some of the books, the dehydration does not appeal to me, and there are so many recipe's that sometimes it's overload, I can't figure out which one to do and then I just make a smoothie! smiling smiley

Could you give me some simple ones that you recommend that really gave you comfort in the beginning?

Thanks Marcos, love your posts.

Peace..

Jeff

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2006 02:18AM

Is it worth eating raw corn, here is a list of toxic [www.ces.ncsu.edu]

Posted by: rawblue ()
Date: July 14, 2006 07:06PM

Hummus from sprouted garbanzo beans and raw pesto are my favorite "quick recipes"

These as dip for veggies are among my favorite meals.

Best to you

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 15, 2006 05:41PM

hey shine on

i could never figure out those recipes from books either
i tend to like throwing stuff in the blender
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
the blades figure it out for me
veggies in a blender
as long as they are green
or red or yellow
its all fine with me

Date: July 15, 2006 10:33PM

veronique,

So funny, I've been doing the same thing.. Quick digestion friendly meals, and you don't have to clean any plates... smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables