Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Coconut Secret
Posted by: Hathi4 ()
Date: June 28, 2011 12:47AM

What do you experts out there know about their products? They claim to be (non-certified) organic and 100% raw, but after nine years raw I've found a lot of people make claims that aren't entirely truthful. I used their nectar in place of maple syrup on a recent Master Cleanse and did alright with it. I wanted to experiment with some of their other stuff. Any thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coconut Secret
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: July 01, 2011 06:30AM

I use it now instead of agave as I do NOT trust the agave industry and I feel jacked up when i eat agave which makes me distrust it. I can eat the coconut sap and feel wonderful, the way i do with all other totally raw things. My body is a walking research lab, and I like the sap!

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 03, 2011 09:10PM

i like using blended dates as a sweetner .. Rawlion i get that jacked up feeling and weird aftertaste from agave too .. reminded me of back when i was using splenda sachrine equal (artificial sweetners) .. something seems amiss with it smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 04, 2011 04:06PM

I hadn't heard of them. I'm impressed with this product. I have to try the Aminos since I gave up soy. Thanks for the question/suggestion. Therese

Posted by: thevegegurl ()
Date: July 27, 2011 06:59PM

We just got them in where I work (http://www.shoporganic.com/prod_detail_list/coconut-secret) and I'm totally excited by having a raw coconut flour to experiment with but I kind of don't know where to start with it. If anyone's used it in recipes, I'd love to get some input. It seems much drier and more liquid-absorbing than other dry ingredients I've used and I'm wary of making a big batch of something only to have to dump it!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 27, 2011 09:05PM

I bought a bottle of the syrup but never used any so I gave it away. It's an interesting flavour but it's strong, I can see it overpowering a prepared dish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables