Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

stainless steel juicer
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 14, 2011 09:54AM

Not getting much response on the juicing page. What do you experienced juicers make of this model - and wow what a price!!!!!

[www.electronichealing.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: stainless steel juicer
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: August 14, 2011 02:39PM

flipperjan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not getting much response on the juicing page.
Wait a minute!!! I replied. You won't get much response on the Angel Juicer. Not many people own one, and the ones who do, tend to exaggerate (if John Kohler says the Angel is difficult to clean, I'm going with that, not with what I've heard from a couple of owners). However, in a 10-minute video side-by-side comparison test with the Green Star Elite, the Angel won every contest.
I would personally never buy an Angel, even though it produces the most nutritious juice. I need easy-to-clean with something I use a lot......WY

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 14, 2011 03:53PM

I'm happy enough with my Champion, but I'd consider the Angel as a replacement when the time comes. I think juice yield ratio is frequently overemphasized with juicers; this is a more important consideration if one's diet isn't otherwise high in fresh raw produce than if one is already consuming lots of healthy raw plant foods, IMO.

I have to say now, though, that the Angel is a beautiful looking machine, industrial design-wise. I'd be happy to leave that on the counter at all times, unlike my slightly stained, hippie health food store refugee Champion smiling smiley

Date: August 14, 2011 04:48PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> I have to say now, though, that the Angel is a
> beautiful looking machine, industrial design-wise.
It does have a smart look to it...and it's
very well engineered.

> I'd be happy to leave that on the counter at all
> times, And there it would sit unused after
you cleaned those heavy twin-gears a few times.

> unlike my slightly stained, hippie health food store
> refugee Champion smiling smiley
I bet it has served you well. I notice a lot of
the older Health Practitioners still use a Champion.
Tam, I'm not saying you're old....just experienced......WY

Date: August 14, 2011 05:19PM

WY,

No offense taken smiling smiley

Date: August 14, 2011 05:32PM

Could you explain to me what makes a juicer hard to clean. I should probably watch a few videos but don't have unlimited broadband so tend to be rather circumspect with video viewing!!

Date: August 14, 2011 05:33PM

Thanks WY - your post wasn't there when i re-posted on this forum smiling smiley

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: August 15, 2011 09:45PM

I'll try to help and give my opinion, I know its hard to get what you want without a test ride. If you want the "best" get the angel if you have that kind of jack. The greenstar would be almost as good but also a bit hard to clean. I have had a Samson six in one single auger and hated it for years but it does wheatgrass really well and most vegies. It does not do cucumbers well but I just use a mesh cloth to get the rest out of the pulp. They now make a Samson advanced it should be better but who knows. You can look at them on line in comparos but I forget where. The Samson 6 in 1 is cheap and if I remember it performs just as well as the new "Samson Advanced" The omegas are good to, I would get a single auger if you also do wheatgrass. In general the Greenstar is the way to go for vegies.

Date: August 17, 2011 01:31AM

flipperjan Wrote:
> Could you explain to me what makes a juicer hard
> to clean.
About 6 minutes into this video shows why the Angel is so difficult to clean. It's the long screen with the small holes.
Any comments?......WY

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 17, 2011 01:27PM

WY,

Well, the bottle brush the demonstrator is using probably does the trick. I'd also go over the exterior again with what I use for the comparably fine screen on my Champion--a potato scrubbing brush, which can be had at any Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I am really impressed with the Angel after watching that video, and am putting it on me wish list for the future smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables