Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how do you feel about air-conditioner
Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: July 13, 2006 04:20PM

Our company just moved to a new office building (high glass wall with air-conditioner). I really feel so sick when I am in. I feel even freezing and it is so hot outside. It makes me feel to eat hot food. Today I stay at home and feel alive again.

Am I exceptional? Why do other people feel nothing but I feel so much discomfortable with air-conditioner.

I had same problem before I went to raw.
I believe air-conditiner is not nature healthy environment.
Wish to hear others's experience.

With summer blessing

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how do you feel about air-conditioner
Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: July 13, 2006 04:27PM

I agree with you. Air conditioned air doesn't have the same prana as good, natural air.

Date: July 13, 2006 06:36PM

Thanks for the response, learningfly. I will try to go out at lunch time to get natural air, or find another company using natural air.

Posted by: rawproject ()
Date: July 14, 2006 07:12PM

i completely agree. it's 100 degrees outside right now, and about 32 degrees in my office! i go through herbal tea like crazy, and i go outside whenever i can. i love to eat chilled, raw food, but find it so unappealing in this cold environment. and it's stagnant in here, too. hot spicy things, and herbal tea. i can't wait to get a me-friendly job!

Posted by: The Vej ()
Date: July 16, 2006 02:40PM

Just wear more clothes. Just a thought smiling smiley

A personal ionizer will help,
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: July 16, 2006 04:10PM

I"m almost certain of it. AC takes all the negative ions out of the air, if I understand correctly. and ionizer was a Godsend in my decade in LA. when I first moved there, it felt literally as if I had razor blades in my throat - the air was so bad.

Yesterday it was 112 degrees outside my home. I'm very glad for the AC at present. Good luck!

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: July 17, 2006 12:16AM

You should try to get as much fresh air possible during the day. Even if just for a minute or two. I think air conditioning is very unnatural for us.

Take care,

Audrey
www.rawhealing.com

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: July 17, 2006 06:51PM

Me too! I hate being in an office building in the summer! I don't understand why places have to be SO FREEZING COLD. Why do I have to run my space heater (I'm already wearing a jacket) when it's 100 degrees outside.

This is one of the reasons why I quit my office job and now work part-time in the summers - I only have to deal with this stupidity 3 days a week instead of 5, and am free to enjoy normal summer weather the rest of the time - I am SOOO much happier!

Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: July 17, 2006 10:03PM

Air conditioning has always gave me slight naseau; I don't beleive in it, and find it is much easier to adjust to hotter weather without it.

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 17, 2006 10:52PM

With all the global warming and abnormal weather patterns ( read terrible heat) I am really grateful to have an A.C at home. I do love getting fresh air but when it feels like 42 degrees I`d rather sit inside with my A.C

Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: July 17, 2006 11:28PM

Yeah, and your air conditioner is what causes the hole in the ozone layer in the first place.

Date: July 18, 2006 07:51PM

dear all,

thanks very much for sharing your viewspionts on air-conditiner. I have learned a lot from you. I am able to stand hot or cold weather without any problem. I even did a long juice fast in the cold winter, BUT feel so difficult to do it with AC environment.
AC is not good to glable environment.. i wish we find something else to help cool without damage the weather..
with blessing to all,

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 18, 2006 09:35PM

You could also argue that it is unnatural to live in the same place year round. Early humans migrated from place to place, so I don't think they would have chosen to live in a place that reached 112 degrees.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: July 19, 2006 04:10PM

Las year our central air conditioner broke down. When we had a repairman come to look at it, he told us that it would be in the $2,000 range to repair it. My husband was ready to give the go ahead, but I asked him to hold off. I asked him if he thought we could ADAPT. Not only would it be an expense to fix, but it's costly to run all summer long. I think it was on and running on days when we didn't really need it - just habit. Plus, there's the environmental issue - no SMALL issue - I might add!

So, we didn't fix it and then ended up having one of the hottest summers on record for our area - go figure! The point is - it's a lot of habit and mind set. What I find is that I spend a LOT more time outside because I'm not hiding from the summer weather. I'm loving it! Yes, I do have moments when the heat gets to me - but not as many as you would think. I sweat a lot more than in the past, but I happen to think that sweating is a GOOD THING!! I feel healthy, sweaty, strong, and really good about the decision to do without the AC. I feel empowered and very adaptable. Try it!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: July 19, 2006 04:53PM

PS. I wake up smiling every morning! Why? Because I wake up to beautiful fresh air and the birds songs. Every morning it seems a different bird sings me awake! I feel more connected to nature now. I hear the crickets, the owls at night, the wind, the buzzing of bees, the rain, etc. I really am loving it!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: swingbolder ()
Date: July 20, 2006 07:17AM

I hate AC too. The air just doesn't smell or feel good. I appreciate it only on a really, really hot day (100-plus) and even then only in small doses, like at the movie theatre or Barnes and Noble maybe, for a coupla hours but that's it.

I hate sleeping in AC. Sometimes you have no choice though, like when you go to a hotel and find the windows don't open.

Where I live, folks complain all winter about how cold it is then as soon as it gets hot, they crank up the AC making it feel like winter all over again.

Posted by: laurie ()
Date: July 20, 2006 11:46AM

I've been thinking of this a lot lately. I'm wanting to turn the a/c off for good but my hubby is not with me on this one. We have a 2 story home and the upstairs gets so hot from the sun beating on the backside of the home. I've planted 3 trees to shade the house but it will be a few more years before they have an affect. So, I'm thinking about installing an attic fan to really get the air flowing thru the house. Anyone else have an attic fan? What are your thoughts?

Look into a swamp cooler
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: July 20, 2006 04:03PM

Quite effective.

Date: July 21, 2006 07:43PM

Hi Alive, I could imagine your happiness being around the nature. I LOVE nature too. I pray our future earth will not become "a silent spring". We are just so much connected with the whole nature.

Swingbolder, I hate staying in x-star hotel with AC. I would rather stay in the small simple hostle. In fact, we do not have many too hot days here and it is not neccassary to have AC.

i wish laurie get nature air by installing attic fan..

blessing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables