Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

craving for oily or junk foods?
Posted by: jj2011 ()
Date: September 07, 2011 09:13PM

Hi all,

Recently, I have such craving for oily or junk foods. I have been on 80-90% raw for almost two months. I do not know whether the lumpectomy surgery I had
is the cause. Now, I added one egg white and some fish on my diet now.

Should I add more meat into my diet now?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: craving for oily or junk foods?
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: September 08, 2011 12:00AM

jj2011-

Cravings are really challenging. Someone posted this link in another thread recently and it really helped me, so in case you didn't see it, I'm putting it here for you. One thing that I read there that stood out for me, was the idea that we all have a relationship with food, and sometimes we can love a certain food so much, but it doesn't love us back. Instead, it makes us feel really bad. That simple, obvious comment hit home for me. It's here in this article:

[www.raw-food-health.net]

As far as adding meat goes, only you know what is best for you. And remember, this is a raw vegan forum, so it is possible that there won't be anybody here who will be able to support that idea.

Best of luck to you, and I hope you are well on your way to very good health again.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 08, 2011 11:53AM

jj,

If your bloodwork isn't showing any deficiencies, the craving is likely not for some nutrient found in these foods. The test is, upon resuming eating them, how do you feel on these foods? Better or the same? How did you feel on them before? I have been a vegetarian for a long time, and I dimly recall just riding out my cravings when I gave up animal tissue. And it didn't harm me to, obviously; it really depends on where you are intending to go with this regimen. If it's to help heal from a nutrient dependent disorder(like cancer or artherosclerosis), I'd just focus on consuming the foods that do not detract from health, and those are mostly plant foods, IMO. Good luck figuring out what is going on smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 08, 2011 12:49PM

Although i agree and blood work can be helpful, there are quite a few nutrients where there could be a deficiency but blood work shows adequate levels of the nutrient.

Magnesium is a good example of this.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 08, 2011 11:14PM

In one of his books, Prof Arnold Ehret suggested that when a person changes their diet from a oily, fatty meaty one to mainly fruit and vegies, the body begins a cleansing process that disolves poisons etc that were stored in your tissue into the bloodstream for elimination by the normal route. This process can result in a weak feeling and a craving for the foods that were previously consumed.

So, if you submit to your cravings, you may even feel better, but don't be fooled. Ehret suggested that feeling better is due to the body once again having to deal with the highly acid (or as he puts it, mucus forming) foods, which stops the elimination process, and hence you feel better.

I had a similar response, and felt weak for a few months, yet, as I do gym work each day, I still remained strong, and continued to gain strength. So, don't be put off by these cravings, tough it out and your body will thank you.

Posted by: jj2011 ()
Date: September 09, 2011 03:48PM

Thanks for all your encouraging words and help.
Yesterday, the craving subsided and I added more green such as Kaleā€¦I guess it was due to body recovery from surgery.
Yes, my optimum goal is to gain healthy body.
Once again, thanks for your support and help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables