Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Vegan Protein Powder
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: September 02, 2011 10:07PM

I am looking for some supplemental protein right now, and I just found this great looking raw, vegan protein powder online. It's called Garden of Life Raw Protein Powder. I don't know anything about it, so I'm looking for opinions if any of you guys have tried it or know about it. Generally, I prefer to get what I need from just fresh, whole foods. However, this might be a good thing for me in the short term as I deal with some health stuff.

It's mostly made of organic sprouts and probiotics. Tell me what you think. Thanks!

I'm not sure if this link will work... but this site lists the ingredients.
[www.swansonvitamins.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Vegan Protein Powder
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 02, 2011 10:11PM

On paper it looks a sound product for suresmiling smiley, obviously without trying it i cant vouch for taste or efficiency.

Sunwarrior raw protein is good, tastes well and has a good amino acid profile.

Will PM you soon Marshsmiling smiley.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: September 02, 2011 10:47PM

I went ahead and ordered some. On Amazon there were a ton of positive reviews and free shipping. Now I guess I'll be able to to tell you about it!

Date: September 02, 2011 10:51PM

Like i say on paper it looks like a good product, just be aware of the flax as a goitrogen with the thyroid problems.

Let us know how you get on, and if it has a amino acid breakdown even bettersmiling smiley.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: September 02, 2011 10:56PM

oh no... flax is a goitrogen?? That's not good. I wonder with the iodine supplement I'm taking if it will be an issue.

Date: September 02, 2011 11:06PM

haha! ok. I just cancelled that order and got Sun Warrior brand instead- no flax. It was less expensive and free shipping! Thanks so much powerlifer!

Date: September 02, 2011 11:13PM

Upping iodine intake can offset goitrogen intake anyway. Sunwarrior is a good raw protein supplement. The one you linked too looked good also, the flax was probably minimal content anyway so i wouldn't worry about it if you did with your thyroid issues. It looks like a solid raw protein supplement.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: September 18, 2011 01:28AM

I actually ended up getting both of these products, because both looked good and I couldn't decide, and in my opinion, both are excellent.

Sunwarrior is sweetened with stevia,is vanilla flavored, and is produced with very simple ingredients. It has a sweet, nutty flavor and mixes well.

Garden of Life is wonderful as well. It's made from many different sprouts, has enzymes and probiotics, as well as some food-created vitamins. It has a more neutral nutty taste, is not sweetened, is a little bit chalkier in texture and also mixes really well.

The investment was significant, but they will last quite a while. I'm really glad I got them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables