Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rice Protein...
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 21, 2011 09:19PM

Doubt it's raw although it says something on the can about the protein being extracted "enzymatically" from the rice or whatever. Brand is Peaceful Planet. It expired almost 2 years ago, LOL, but I found it in a cabinet and put it in a smoothie. I wonder if other people enjoy the grittiness or substantial feeling that adding protein gives to a shake. I know that we don't need as much protein as originally thought, but I am just talking how you feel plus how it tastes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rice Protein...
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 21, 2011 09:27PM

I like adding a scoop or half a scoop of various vegan protein powders to many of my smoothies. Helps slow down the absorption of the sugar also, i find pure fruit smoothies no matter how many calories, im hungry in minutes after drinking them.

So adding a little fat in form of chia seeds, nuts etc or protein powders helps make it more of a complete meal in my opinion of course.

So yeah i like it lol, i also need more protein than the average as a bodybuilder.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 21, 2011 10:40PM

Powerlifer, have you ever had rice protein? I think I bought it because of the whole soy/isoflavones concerns.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 21, 2011 10:55PM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Powerlifer, have you ever had rice protein? I
> think I bought it because of the whole
> soy/isoflavones concerns.

I have used it a long while back, these days i mainly use sunwarrior raw protein which is a raw sprouted brown rice protein. Has a great amino acid profile, is very digestible and tastes the best on the market in my opinion. Or ill mix it up every now and then and use vega whole food optimizer.

Unless your allergic or getting very high amounts of soy via your diet i wouldn't worry about a daily shake. The isoflavones are where many of the documented benefits of soy derive from such as breast cancer prevention, increased bone density, hormonal balance etc.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables