Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cloudy whites of the eyes
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: September 19, 2011 02:59PM

I have a question about what this means...

My eyes are not so bad, although they have definitely been whiter, and they will be soon, I know. But yesterday I met someone with such cloudy whites of the eyes, that really there was hardly even any white to detect. And there was a lot of blood/redness going all the way to the colored part in one of his eyes.

When we were talking, of course I could not help but notice it, and it made me wonder what that signifies. I'm guessing toxicity? Congested liver? They weren't yellow, like jaundice or something, just so cloudy that there was absolutely no white. Anybody know what this means?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cloudy whites of the eyes
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 19, 2011 03:40PM

Cataracts can make the eye appear "milky."

Date: September 19, 2011 04:18PM

oh really? This guys eyes were so muddy. He's not really that old, and doesn't wear glasses, and can see really well. Do cataracts impair vision?

And one eye had redness completely covering the entire white from the inside of the eye to the colored part, like a giant fixed blood clot. He's interested in improving his health, and so this made me curious as to why his eyes looked like this. He's really active and fit, doesn't seem sick at all, but his eyes make it look like he is ill with something...

Date: September 19, 2011 04:53PM

marsh,

If this is someone you know well, please ask him to see a licensed opthamologist; a good one will be able to tell at a glance whether the problem is serious, is limited to the eye, or if there's an underlying major organ disorder. For example, there was some question as to whether my father was a carrier for Wilson's Disease, a hereditary liver disorder that first presents in a discoloration at the outer retina. Our childhood opthamologist was trained to identify this discoloration, though the disorder is rare, and to give our mom the all-clear after several years of not seeing it during our eye exams.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 19, 2011 09:21PM

I used to have a book called "You are all Sanpaku." It was such a strange title and I just looked it up:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2011 09:31PM by banana who.

Date: September 19, 2011 09:32PM

Thanks Tamukha. Actually, I don't really know him that well, so I think it would be a little weird to suggest that, but I appreciate what you are saying. However, we just met recently, and so there may be the opportunity to ask him about it at some point.

I have just never really seen such mucky eyes is someone who otherwise appears healthy, and wondered if it represented some sort of organ disorder that really hadn't manifested into a detectible illness yet.

He expressed an interest in diet and health, so hopefully/maybe I'll be able to tactfully bring it up...

Date: September 20, 2011 01:34AM

banana who,

I read that gobsmacked!

Date: September 20, 2011 04:16AM

LOL @ "gobsmacked." British expression, no? I don't even quite know what it means but I assume it's being really surprised at something...

I bought that book in around 1985 and I honestly don't know what made me do so. I had just started frequently a health food store near my apt. and it was the year I went vedge. I had it for a long time...

Date: September 20, 2011 02:02PM

banana who--yep! I immediately ran to the bathroom to check whether I was prone to "ragefulness" LOL

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 20, 2011 05:42PM

I say gobsmacked too, not sure where I picked that up. When I "curse" though I saw ridiculous things like snickerdoodle, shazbot, fudge-knuckle etc. The things you find yourself shouting when you have kids, lol.

Sanpaku requires further study!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 20, 2011 05:58PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I say gobsmacked too, not sure where I picked that
> up. When I "curse" though I saw ridiculous things
> like snickerdoodle, shazbot, fudge-knuckle etc.
> The things you find yourself shouting when you
> have kids, lol.
>
>
> Sanpaku requires further study!

That made me LOL snickerdoodle and shazbot thats great. I think i will use them myself.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: September 20, 2011 10:05PM

Is it possible he'd been in a fight recently?

Date: September 21, 2011 02:12PM

Somebody analyze this for me, would ya?

Lol!

Date: September 21, 2011 04:18PM

coco, what are we supposed to be seeing? Looks OK to mesmiling smiley

Date: September 21, 2011 07:15PM

LOL Tam! In this pic I had just been to the eye doctor and my pupil is ENORMOUS! I couldn't see a thing all dang day! Looked stoned out of my tree too grinning smiley.

Date: September 21, 2011 09:21PM

Coco, don't Cannucks take their expressions from the Brits? It's not used in America, so Tam...check your birth certificate, por favorwinking smiley

Date: September 22, 2011 01:56PM

banana who,

Watched waaaaaaay too much British TV, mostly on the local Windsor, Ontario, CBC channel, so many Britishisms entered my vocab at an early age. Attempts to excise them have proved hopeless smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2011 01:56PM by Tamukha.

Date: September 22, 2011 03:07PM

Ah, I never think about that (I don't think many Canadians do) but you are absolutely right. The queen and her spawn are still figure heads here and a fair number of people are addicted to coronation place (or street?) and dr. who.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables