Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fun Alternative to Restaurant Eating
Posted by: Coconana ()
Date: October 03, 2011 04:58AM

Something you can get your non-raw family and friends to do with you at mealtime instead of going out to eat:

Go to a market that has a nice produce selection, and pick one or two of every kind of apple they have.

Take the fruit and the friends to a park or somewhere with nice atmosphere, and have everybody try each kind of apple, and get them to share which apples were their favorite and why.

Or you could do this with berries or grapes or melon or pears or citrus fruits or whatever.

I have done this a few times to distract my friends from eating junk food and get them involved with what I'm doing, and its a big hit. Most SAD eaters can't remember a time when they've ever tried *every* apple side by side, and most times they find it a fun thing to do. I get to eat my meal, and share it with friends, and they get to spend an hour snacking on fresh food in a social way.

Fun At A Buffet:

Also something I have done that livened up what would have been a boring meal for me: Buffets are hard to attend, because the food smells good, looks scary, and is the opposite of fresh. But nearly every buffet known to man has carrots.

So I have had my friends take bets on how many carrot sticks I could eat in one sitting. And its a fun way to have a meal in a restaurant where there isnt really a raw meal to be had.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fun Alternative to Restaurant Eating
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 03, 2011 05:35AM

We were just talking about there being orange watermelons. I've never seen one and would love to taste it.

I think your idea is terrific and I may give it a go very soon.

Love,
Prism

Re: Fun Alternative to Restaurant Eating
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 03, 2011 12:20PM

That's a really good idea--thanks for posting!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables