Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

WWMMD with this soup?
Posted by: Coconana ()
Date: October 04, 2011 11:28PM

I blended up a YTC with a lime, and a lil bit of green curry paste yesterday. It was good, and I ate about half of it.

Just now, I took it out of the fridge and put it on the stove on medium to reheat it.

I was babysitting it, and I turned my back for a split second, and suddenly it was at about 170, maybe even (gasp) 180. I swear it was only at 170 for like five seconds.

I freaked out, man. I took it off the stove and immediately threw in two hunks of ice and stirred until it went down to about 120, then I took out the rest of the ice.

So. SHOULD I EAT IT? WOULD YOU EAT IT? WOULD MM EAT IT? how raw is it? is it like 90% raw, or like 0%raw, or somewhere inbetween?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WWMMD with this soup?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 05, 2011 05:03PM

It's no longer raw, but it's not like it became a nuclear waste pile due to overheating. Proportion! I'd eat it and be more careful next time smiling smiley

P.S. What's YTC?

P.P.S. If the curry paste is in a jar and is from a common Asian foods company, say, "Thai Kitchen," it's not raw either, so . . .

Re: WWMMD with this soup?
Posted by: Coconana ()
Date: October 05, 2011 08:06PM

Oh rest assured it is the finest Green Curry one can buy! Vegan, fresh, and not raw, but so powerful in flavor that not much is needed. I guess MM would not approve, but I gotta have my green curry sometimes or life seems hardly worth living without it. What an excellent flavor it is.

I ate part of it, and it felt like... meh!... in my stomach, so I tossed the rest. And felt bad about wasting the food, but hey.

A YTC is a Young Thai Coconut!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables