Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Going on a trip tomorrow and hope to freeze some raw stuff
Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: October 02, 2011 12:22AM

Hi everyone. My name is Eric. Long-time lurker, first time poster looking for some knowledge on freezing. I have 5 lbs. of carrots and 1 lb. of celery that I would hate to waste while I'm gone for a week. I'd like to freeze and juice it when I get home. Will it be okay? I see a lot of cooked solutions on the web, but nothing about juicing raw once they've been frozen.

Peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Going on a trip tomorrow and hope to freeze some raw stuff
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 02, 2011 01:03AM

Why not just juice it now and freeze the juice? I used to work at a health store and we would sell frozen carrot and vegetable juice. I sometimes buy raw cider at the farmers' market.

Date: October 02, 2011 02:48AM

That's a great idea. Thank you. The thing is I'm going camping for a week in the Appalachians and need to stay focused on packing my gear, preparing my home, preparing raw goodies for the trip, getting sleep, etc. I'll try to find the time and the focus for a juicing session.

Peace.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 02, 2011 03:35AM

Yeah, listen to the radio while you juice! I always find something to listen to whilst shoving my veggies in that little hole!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 02, 2011 02:56PM

Agree with banana who--happy[Appalachian] trails!

Date: October 10, 2011 03:56PM

LOL. Thank you very much. I ran out of time, so I just left it in the fridge. Guess what? It was a-ok when I returned. I did freeze some grapes and they made a nice juice with apple, lemon, and ginger when I got home. I needed a turbo blast after a week of eating transportable junk raw like carob/cacao/nut stuff. It was my first time camping off-grid while raw. If anyone has any suggestions for keeping it real 80/10/10 style, it would be much appreciated.

I tell you what, nothing beats a week of non-stop fresh air. I don't think I saw a cloud once, and the temp never went above a dry 80. We were truly blessed.

Peace.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables