Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I've been checking The Raw Food World's Youtube channel
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 19, 2011 02:24AM

They must have taken down that zooplankton video within the last 24 hours, LOL! I think much of the reaction was like we discussed on here: why do raw fooders (and high-rawsters and wannabeswinking smiley) have to take all this exotic (and expensive) stuff rather than simply eat plenty of raw fruits and veggies? Boy would I love to know the backstory on this one!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I've been checking The Raw Food World's Youtube channel
Date: October 19, 2011 02:33AM

When I said 'reaction,' I meant regarding the comments I read, plus the ratio of thumbs down to up.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: October 19, 2011 08:31AM

Zooplankton are little sea animals, like jellyfish and krill. (Not vegan)

And according to Wikipedia, they can also act as a disease reservoir and harbor cholera. (Not good)

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2011 08:35AM by suncloud.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 19, 2011 05:42PM

It's probably tough to make a living at this lifestyle, rather than just living it, without selling superfoods and supplements and gear. This is not to say that they are shills who aren't earnestly fond of the products they are selling. Rather,it's likely an important ancillary livelihood, and with a small target demographic, it's understandable that it might get weird.

Date: October 19, 2011 07:23PM

I agree. It's definitely understandable, especially since Matt and Angela are very young. But still, it's not a good day for animals when "vegans" endorse products associated with animal cruelty and death. And many committed vegans will assume products are vegan if raw vegans are selling them.

For all we know though, Matt and Angela may not even be aware that certain of their products are not vegan and involve cruelty to animals. They may be victims themselves of unscrupulous sales techniques from their distributors.

I think it's a good sign that they took down their zooplankton video. Maybe they saw "plankton" and thought it was seaweed, and now they know better. I hope that's the case.

I've written to them about the colostrum and actually pleaded with them about the deer antlers. I'll probably write them about the zooplankton, and I hope others will write to them too. The more people who write, the better the chance of protecting an animal from suffering and harm. Their contact site:

[www.therawfoodworld.com]

I'd like to see raw vegans feel challenged to take the lead on animal protection. That doesn't mean we have to be especially active (although it would be nice), but we should voice our concern and commitment. Only concerned humans can protect animals. If not us vegans, then who? They depend on us.

Date: October 19, 2011 10:01PM

suncloud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Zooplankton are little sea animals, like jellyfish
> and krill. (Not vegan)
>
> And according to Wikipedia, they can also act as a
> disease reservoir and harbor cholera. (Not good)
>
> [en.wikipedia.org]

OMG- I never caught that. I was still thinking they were seaweed. No, then they are creatures, it's NOT vegan, but then again neither is the antler extract. The jury is still out on exactly why they took down that video. It may not be due to the product not being vegan because none of the negative comments even mentioned that. The people were a bit bemused by these supplements rather than promoting whole foods that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Date: October 20, 2011 12:51AM

Does anyone get Matt's newsletter? I am wondering if he's talking about himself here. Supposedly he's putting out a second email with this sort of thing:

"Some of the topics that I plan to cover in this newsletter include:

Tips on how to become a multi-millionaire, including my own story on how I accomplished this. Free energy Can a car engine really be altered to run on water? What is my role in actually making this type of water engine? The power of manifesting Do UFOs exist? What kind of research plan do I have underway with crazy technology to find out the truth about UFOs? (I've never yet seen a UFO and I want the truth!) Connecting with spirit and the unknown Preparedness Tips on how to create a successful business How to make a Webinar ;-)

To be honest with you, a level of fear has held me back from discussing these types of topics before, due to predictable reactions of "outrage" and judgement from a certain number of people who follow our work. Well, no longer will I be holding back!

I feel that this is going to be an exciting new venture and I look forward to sharing with you all of our plans, thoughts and ideas to help us, you and humanity to all keep moving forward.

In the meantime, you don't want to miss that financial webinar that they are graciously hosting again for us! The stock market had its bull market and then crashed! Real estate had its bull market and then crashed! Now it's time for the biggest bull market that we have ever seen in the history of humanity; and this is what I want all of us to be aware of. It's exciting and I personally believe if you follow the plan outlined in this fre*e webinar, you have the potential to reach financial goals that you perhaps never thought were possible."

Date: October 20, 2011 12:55AM

It sounds like it's Matt writing this and so it begs the question: he's a multimillionaire?!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 20, 2011 01:21AM

I can't be arsed to watch 1 min. of that guy's videos. He is way too spacey for me. And Angela Stokes seems like she has an eating disorder to me. Isn't she the one that eats like a couple juices a day, half a cookie, and some other processed crap like bee pollen? They certainly aren't vegan.

Date: October 20, 2011 05:14AM

Hey thanks banana for the update.

Hi Utopian Life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2011 05:15AM by suncloud.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 20, 2011 01:56PM

banana who,

Eh . . . I am genuinely baffled by this. I smell the soft, patchouli-tinged odor of multi level marketing scheme wafting over from an adjoining room . . .

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 20, 2011 02:38PM

hi, suncloud!!! smiling smiley

Date: October 20, 2011 10:53PM

Tam: LOLOLOLOL!!!

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 21, 2011 12:05AM

I have heard DW say that fruits and veggies have been so hybridized and so supermarketed that they have no nutrition anymore.
But as Juliano says, even the commercial fruit is better than a big mac.

I feel like that, like supermarket fruits have very little, like where are the seeds. But that wont make me go to eating exotic things just for minerals. There is plenty of wild food, one can get walking home.

Date: October 21, 2011 12:25AM

I think it's overblown for DW to say such a thing. I have his book with that statement but that includes bananas, carrots, beets...Sorry, not gonna stop eating them!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 21, 2011 12:33AM

DW is not a nutritionist, has zero scientific qualification for making such statements or publishing them in any book and is frankly full of hybridized horse pucks. Guess what? If a plant didn't have ANY nutrition in it at all it wouldn't be able to sustain it's own growth, duh!
If you're really worried about getting enough good stuff make it a habit to drink green smoothies and you'll be fine. The rest of the time just focus on not putting garbage into your body and everything should be just fine.

If people seem like they're trying to sell you something to get their hands on your money that's probably exactly what's happening. When one of these business people starts talking up something that they DON'T sell and make a profit on I'll consider listening.

Date: October 21, 2011 01:09AM

Thanks for putting it like that, Coco. It was a bit discouraging to read that because it made it seem as if these things were almost like SAD foods. I do think that most corn is so hybridized that I really dislike the flavor; it's not "corny" enough usually and way too sweet. But carrots feel good to me, as do beets. Grounding, as roots are supposed to make us feel.

I am wondering what's up with those videos, though. After Matt took down the last one, he hasn't made another. Curious as to why. The one before the removed video was posted two weeks ago!

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: October 21, 2011 01:39AM

Yeah that made me laugh for sure. Thank you.

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> banana who,
>
> Eh . . . I am genuinely baffled by this. I smell
> the soft, patchouli-tinged odor of multi level
> marketing scheme wafting over from an adjoining
> room . . .

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 21, 2011 10:36AM

I thought David Wolfe had a degree in nutrition? Says he has a masters degree on his site anyway.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 21, 2011 11:58AM

Perhaps he earned one in recent years to help validate the things he says.
Looks like it didn't help :/.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables