Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Piloncillo
Posted by: rab ()
Date: October 22, 2011 05:57PM

It is processed therefore not raw, but it is better than 'brown' sugar. "Piloncillo", is unrefined cane sugar. Still, it has nice flavour but makes you fell similar to the regular sugar.
Any thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Piloncillo
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 22, 2011 08:36PM

Is this like sucanat, dehydrated cane juice? It's interesting and possibly raw. I'd say it's no worse than dried fruit thought at least that comes with along with fiber to slow absorption.

Date: October 22, 2011 09:09PM

*feel

No, coco, this one is I believe boiled raw cane sugar, completely unrefined. So, it is not raw, but it should be much better than 'brown sugar' which is actually white sugar with added molasses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2011 09:12PM by rab.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 22, 2011 09:18PM

Is it like a solid hard block of sugar, sort of caramel like in flavour? I have had something like that from Costa Rica, it was very tasty but also incredibly sweet.

Date: October 22, 2011 09:56PM

Yes, it's solid, hard and very sweet with molasses flavor, really nice. You can eat it like candy. The only problem is that it is actually cooked. I think that is the only processing that happens to it.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 23, 2011 01:10AM

Yes, cooked, but also not filtered or otherwise refined.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables