Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

RAW AND LIVING FOOD MOTHER TO BE DISCRIMINATED AND HARASSED BY NHS
Posted by: Peterchin2 ()
Date: October 22, 2011 01:14PM

So, Christine my wife has been an amazing raw and living food inspiration. She has healed herself of diabetes thanks to Dr Young and Dr Norman Cousin's fantastic work. Now she is 8 and a half months pregnant and want to have the birth at home in a water tub. The NHS is circulating untrue emails to independent mid wives to undermine her and tell her she should go back to insulin, etc etc and yet her own blood sugar level of 50 past readings machine show by WHO standards THAT SHE IS NOT A DIABETIC!! We need support. Anyone living in South West UK, in Devon?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RAW AND LIVING FOOD MOTHER TO BE DISCRIMINATED AND HARASSED BY NHS
Posted by: rab ()
Date: October 22, 2011 05:00PM

What kind of world is this? How can somebody force somebody to go on insulin if they don't want to? Gestapo was better...

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: October 22, 2011 09:04PM

It's my understanding that a responsible physician would not advise your wife to take insulin shots if her blood sugar is normal.

Taking insulin under normal blood sugar conditions would result in hypoglycemia, since too much blood sugar would be removed from the blood. The resulting hypoglycemia could put her and her baby at serious risk. This is very common knowledge among physicians.

A doctor involved in her prenatal care should be able to verify her blood sugar levels. If she's not receiving prenatal care, she probably should - if only to quell the naysayers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2011 09:11PM by suncloud.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 23, 2011 01:09AM

Agree with suncloud. Unless your wife has preeclampsia, this is not medically sound.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 26, 2011 07:10PM

Hi - I live in Devon.

This is a difficult situation as your wife is so close to her due date. My advice would be to change your doctor. My doctor has never questioned my diet - he knows that from time to time I am completely raw (sometimes I am definately not).

You need to get some one on side. Can you not do these bloodsugar tests infront of your doctor and midwife - they have to believe the evidence of their own eyes.

I would try not to fight the system and don't be too antagonistic because it will just really put everyone's back up - the evidence is there - I just wish you had a bit more time to drop this bombshell. You must realise that for the mainstream medical profession your wife has achieved the unachievable - it's a difficult pill for them to swallow.

Incidently I had my 3rd child in my small local hospital and it was just great - I could do what ever I wanted and felt very loved and cared for - hospital doesn't have to be a horrid place. It just depends if you can use a little country hospital or not - I would definately avoid the big city ones.

Good luck with it all - not sure how I can help you. Where do you live?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 27, 2011 08:10PM

This is so scary. I have heard alot about this guys. Its the future, keep your real names off the internet, especially about your diet.

In the usa they had police storm a womans house to take her kid from her, when her mother chose to raise her kid the natural way...instead of big pharm way. The publicity got her case thrown out but just think all the people who dont get publicity.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 27, 2011 09:05PM

I don't think it is that heavy in the UK. 15 years ago when I was pregnant and vegan the drs were very gently concerned but after one blood test to check my iron they were perfectly happy and never raised the issue of nutrition again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables