Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How much does it cost to get ripped off?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 05, 2011 01:16AM

[www.30bananasaday.com]

If you look at some of the alarming information contained in that link, not only were people ingesting a BIO-AVAILABLE form of aluminum (!) but paying $149 USD for something that cost $5 to make.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How much does it cost to get ripped off?
Date: November 05, 2011 01:24AM

I am listening to Podcast on the Adya Clarity background and expose:

[bewellbuzz.s3.amazonaws.com]

Date: November 05, 2011 01:41AM

And lookie what I found here...The Internets is Eternal!

[www.myspace.com]

Date: November 05, 2011 03:42AM

I am not going to keep commenting on this issue except to say that I am grateful that the Wizard's curtain was pulled open. It is an affirmation of what I felt inside; an understanding that when people hype, we should be very, very wary of it. The crazy part is that this is a lifestyle that is supposed to celebrate the simple and there are all these supplements...Black Mica? LOL

Here is a fascinating exchange of experience and reactions to the Adya situation. The most recent comments are at the end: [renegadehealth.com]

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 05, 2011 08:17AM

Thanks banana. I think you've helped do a good thing!

Posted by: elementalraw ()
Date: November 05, 2011 09:42AM

Thanks for the links banana. I guess none of us really are in a position to really know the extent of problems. What fascinates me is that i have read a number of responses now saying 1 banana, pineapple, celery all contain much more aluminum sulfate than the recommended adya clarity dosage? I seen the snippets of adya clarity trials with the effects of lowering heavy metals in water also so i guess we dont really know how the aluminum acts at this stage.

Date: November 05, 2011 09:50AM

This is interesting from a blog post that you linked banana.

When you dilute the Adya Clarity solution down in water there it is diluted down by 1000 to 1 ratio. This would make the aluminum in the water considered to be at trace levels. It is clearly stated on the label how to dilute the Adya Clarity down when adding it to water to treat (1 tsp per gallon). When you do this the levels of aluminum become 1.2 ppm in the water itself (as stated by Ian Clark). Actually after checking the MSDS, it shows that there is 10,900 ppm in the concentrate when diluted down is 1,900 ppm in the Adya Clarity solution and then again when diluted down to treat water (as suggested on the label) it becomes 1.09 ppm so it is in the guidelines of being a trace mineral.

If this is true it has been a massive over reaction from all involved as that is a tiny amount of aluminum right? Although i will not be doing adya clarity baths or super shots again just in case.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 09:55AM by elementalraw.

Date: November 05, 2011 10:13AM

Response from Health Canada, not sure i understand it but reassuring none the less.

Answer from Health Canada regarding the Aluminum scare:

Response to call from Health Canada (Health Canada via Salus Consulting)
Quote taken from the above response:
“In regards to Aluminum Sulfate this is a component of Black Mica which we have clearly listed on the product label. The Aluminum Sulfate is not an issue for several reasons: a) it is a very very small trace amount but more importantly b) we did not base a claim off of aluminum sulfate and black mica has been reviewed for safety and deemed just fine and henceforth aluminum sulfate is the same...in a comparison there is ascorbic acid in vitamin c but noone makes a safety complaint on ascorbic acid if Vitamin C in full has been deemed safe...make sense?”

Date: November 05, 2011 10:13PM

Is this is true, Elemental, then why no info on label? There appears to be a deliberate coverup regarding ingredients. Also, the product was alledgely brought into this country (does it originate in Canada?) under the label 'brake fluid,' which suggests that they did not want it to be treated as a dietary item, probably because of extra scrutiny that it would entail (of course this is my theory and is not necessarily the facts). I have also heard something about sulfuric acid and that doesn't sound so good!

In any case, the point of my creating this thread is really about how the product supposedly costs less that $5 in raw materials and was sold for $149. I think that shows both greed and lack of respect for their customers, regardless of Adya's possible benefits. That profit margin is beyond obscene.

Date: November 05, 2011 11:13PM

On the two bottles i have here the label states that adya clarity contains trace amounts of several minerals including aluminium. By definition this has not changed as all of the minerals adya clarity contains are in trace amounts per dosage. The rest were explained [www.blackmicaextract.biz] Not trying to stick up for adya clarity but i still feel it is a good product that has helped me and my health. Both sides of the argument need to be presented rather than manipulated half truths from Mike Adams. Most seem to be spreading what he has presented as fact. Either way the product's reputation is ruined now so i will probably have to stock up if i wish to continue taking adya clarity. Im reluctant to believe the profit margin rumours due to how much half truths have already been spread at this point.

We really need someone from the middle who are not the manufacturer or those who are clearly trying to drive viewers to their blog with scare tactics such as Mike Adams to let us know for sure on the safety.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 11:22PM by elementalraw.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 05, 2011 11:28PM

Heavy metal poisoning is accumulative. Let me give you an analogy:

Your bones are like kitchen cupboards and minerals are like canned goods. As you consume them, they fill up the "cupboards" in your "kitchen" and get taken out as your body needs them. If your body has no need for what you fill those cupboards with (lead, mercury, aluminium) those cans never get removed, they just accumulate until there are way, way too many of them. Your body has very little or no need for some metals so they are never taken out and used up but that's the only way they get taken out of your bone matrix. That's why a build up of heavy metals is so dangerous and difficult to remedy.

I'm pretty sure taking in small amounts of toxic heavy metals that the body doesn't use is not a great idea. Same as small amounts of hydrogenated oil, sodium benxoate, etc. Some things the body just doesn't know how to clean out.

Date: November 05, 2011 11:33PM

I understand this which is a worry to me of course although i would say im 80% sastisfied by the answers ive read such as the dose of aluminum you would get with a daily dose of adya clarity is smaller than some foods such as pineapple. The Matt Monark response that someone posted in the other showed read that there were some trials on adya clarity's ability to remove heavy metals from water?

Date: November 05, 2011 11:49PM

I don't know about you but I'm not eating large quantities of pineapple every day. Not only that, while I think it's useful to watch the minerals in the foods you consume, there is a difference between those found in whole foods and those synthesized for addition to supplements. Take fluoride for instance; taro vs petroleum products. I'm not sure where the aluminum in this product comes from but it is surely not in balance with whatever else nature intended it to be consumed with and who knows the difference that makes. I for one will err on the side of caution when it comes to things like this. Why risk it?

Date: November 06, 2011 12:00AM

Good points coco although if what adya clarity and others say is correct, then all minerals are in trace quantities so they would be balanced right? If i can find a similar mineral supplement which gives me the same benefits ive had from using adya clarity i would probably swap until more is known.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2011 12:00AM by elementalraw.

Date: November 06, 2011 12:15AM

I don't know but I would be more apt to listen to the analysis of a disinterested third party than the company profiting from a product they are reviewing themselves. In the meantime, if you're finding benefits from it and are hesitant to stop taking it you can offset some heavy metal accumulation with green juices, wheatgrass and cilantro particularly.

Date: November 06, 2011 12:23AM

Me too coco hopefully we get one a mediator of the situation soon. Thanks for the tips but if im understanding this right now, its been established that a doily dosage contains small amounts of all of these trace minerals so would it not be the same as consuming other ocean mineral type products although some minerals may be in higher concentration than others?

Date: November 06, 2011 12:56AM

Did you read this one? [www.naturalnews.com]

I also am trying to find the article where the so-called "trace" aluminum content was false. I do believe I read it this afternoon.

Date: November 06, 2011 01:00AM

[www.naturalnews.com]

Does your bottle look like this, Elemental?

Date: November 06, 2011 01:03AM

*This might be what I was talking about...

<In fact, Adya Clarity is imported as battery acid as is proven by the shipping manifest here:
[www.importgenius.com]...

In the "Non-Medicinal Ingredients" section of the NPN product registration, four ingredients are listed:

Biotite
Magnesium sulfate
Potassium sulfate
Sulfuric acid

Do you see what's missing from this list? Aluminum sulfate, which is present in Adya Clarity at 1,090 PPM based on the MSDS provided to us by Adya.

In other words, aluminum sulfate is present in a HIGHER concentration than magnesium sulfate (which is only present in 400 PPM), yet aluminum sulfate was apparently not listed as a non-medicinal ingredient in the application for license submitted to Health Canada.

In other words, Adya, Inc. deceived Health Canada in order to acquire an NPN license by withholding extremely important information from Health Canada about the actual product composition, safety, and its intended use.

Learn more: [www.naturalnews.com]

Date: November 06, 2011 01:05AM

This was from what i posted above so not sure how it could be fake as if the levels quoted are correct on the label this would be right. "when diluted down to treat water (as suggested on the label) it becomes 1.09 ppm so it is in the guidelines of being a trace mineral.". I would read that but the person doing the interview is developer of a competitor product Quintessential so he has heavily vested interests in my opinion. I am not sure why they are focusing it on fetuses as adya clarity is not recommended for those who are pregnant. They seem to be twisting any theory to make adya clarity look bad at the moment.That is the amount per bottle though i think so per dose is 1.09ppm like it says above which really is comparable to levels found in other foods. Makes this all seem like it has been blown out of proportion if true. Health Canada have also responding above saying the aluminum sulfate is of no concern.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2011 01:08AM by elementalraw.

Date: November 06, 2011 01:15AM

If that is true, why is Matt so mum? Why not fight back if a product he touted is being smeared? Also, why does the above article mention black gunk coming out of people?! LOL

Date: November 06, 2011 01:27AM

Who knows probably best until he has solid facts it was that he did removed it. That is the same label as i have on my bottle which labels the aluminium. At this stage even if it is proved to have such tiny amounts that it doesn't matter the reputation is ruined for the product overall.

Date: November 06, 2011 12:24PM

That Natural News article gave me the shudders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables