Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

DURIANRIDER PRANK CALL
Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: November 12, 2011 11:19PM

[www.youtube.com]

hit a new low mate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DURIANRIDER PRANK CALL
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 13, 2011 02:34AM

It's funny! Not totally hilarious but I like the basic concept!

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 13, 2011 08:40AM

Dear God - that man has some time to waste.

Really pathetic. I'm cross with myself for even clicking on the stupid thing.

Grr - note to self - don't click on anything with that childs name on it.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: November 13, 2011 12:07PM

How old is this guy?
I was making crank calls when I was 10,but I know he isnt 10.
Got some growing up to do there buddy.

I think he gets quite a kick out of reading our comments here.

Vin

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 13, 2011 02:01PM

I agree Vinnie, we feed the beast with all this attention.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 13, 2011 04:40PM

Taking the cue from flipperjan, not clicking the link. Sorry sad smiley

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: November 13, 2011 06:36PM

not clicking. does he get paid to do this stuff? one wonders.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 14, 2011 01:25AM

Diogenez, more of this kid-unfriendly posting, and I will be deleting your account.

You moderator,
Prana

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 14, 2011 03:45AM

i really dont see how threads like this are very productive sad smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: November 14, 2011 05:19AM

Hi Prana,

I don't know what Diogenez wrote, but why wouldn't you delete someone's account who is a self injecting junkie telling people of the wonders of injecting themselves regularly, and promoting it to others on a healthy living natural raw board like this - like DR continually does. That seems to be the complete opposite of what people here are looking for.

Let him disrupt the Paleo board, not a '' harmonious '' one like this.

My 2 cents worth.

Date: November 14, 2011 10:36AM

Everyone has a right to their opinion, and unless they are abusing the rules of this forum, then it's ok. We don't have to watch any vid's or reply to any posts, as that's our right.

Date: November 14, 2011 01:45PM

Obscenity is not tolerated, we can all be expected to be grown ups here.
Geo, sometimes somebody has a beef and uses the forum to vent it in as many threads as possible, that's abusive of the forum IMO. People can say what they've got to say, sure, but without turning every thread into their own personal emotional baggage cart.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: November 14, 2011 06:16PM

Yo, I promise you guys that if you learn to ignore people who enjoy basking in and creating misery, the rewards are great. Anytime you feel like engaging a junk-food emotion like getting angry at one of the difficult people smiling smiley, just pray or meditate. It won't be long before you feel empowered by and cleansed of your need to literally foul your spirit with their weak, bitter vibrations.

Just one man's opinion, and yes, Im talking to myself as much as I'm talking to anyone else.

Peace.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 14, 2011 06:36PM

Thanks, HeavenHands. 'Tis true.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: November 14, 2011 07:09PM

BJ writes:

'I don't know what Diogenez wrote, but why wouldn't you delete someone's account who is a self injecting junkie telling people of the wonders of injecting themselves regularly, and promoting it to others on a healthy living natural raw board like this - like DR continually does.'

For the benefit of new members, BJ is referring to the fact that 'durianrider',aka Harley Johnstone, takes Vitamin B12 via injection, as many vegans do.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 14, 2011 08:28PM

Debbietook, I think it was very fair-minded of you to clarify that. But do "many" vegans inject? I wasn't aware of that. I'm not sure you meant to give that impression, so I thought I should comment.

I certainly don't think injecting B12 is the norm for vegans. My husband and I have been vegan for 25 years, and neither of us has ever known or heard of any vegan who injects B12, except for Harley and friends. Maybe we're just "behind the times" (and maybe that's sometimes OK).

For anyone who wants to read more of the pros and cons of injecting B12, here's the link to a former discussion (still on page 1 of this forum).

I think rawgosia did some good research on the possible side effects (included in the link).

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

For the record, I'm personally very against injecting unless a physician finds a critical need for it. Apparently, even in cases where a person is already deficient, an oral supplement is often sufficient. And in my personal experience, where I already had physical symptoms, including tingling sensations in fingers and toes (after many years raw vegan without a B12 source), an oral supplement reversed the symptoms in about a month; and symptoms have never returned. That was even with taking the cyanocobalamin. It was a relief, but I was fortunate to have classic, recognizable symptoms.

I also think that injecting gives an unnecessary and inaccurate not-so-good impression of the vegan lifestyle in general.

Debbie, I saw a really cute video of you dancing on rawgosia's raw food website!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2011 08:40PM by suncloud.

Date: November 14, 2011 08:34PM

For anyone who didn't see the post from Diogenez, the post was very short and mainly included some very sexually explicit terminology.

I can't remember if there was a point of view expressed; but in any case, I don't think that kind of language is necessary. Prana did the right thing by deleting it IMO.

Date: November 14, 2011 09:19PM

I was kind of surprised that one word in particular wasn't blanked out with symbols. You can't type p oop on here but you can type the other name for rooster? Interesting.

Date: November 15, 2011 12:11AM

Coco - I agree with you that there are many forms of abuse, and the emotional one tends to be overlooked quite abit.

Nevertheless, what I actually said was that everyone is entitled to an opinion, 'unless they are breaking the rules of this forum'. So It's quite easy to re-read all the rules of this forum in the post by our mod Prana, and I believe that Prana is VERY tolerant.

I believe that this forum is one of the very best, as some forums are way too strict, and others allow much abuse in it's various forms. I belonged to one called 'depnet', at a time when I was suffering from emotional problems. There was fighting, back-biting, outright slander and at times foul, vilifying language. Members accounts would be suspended for a time, like a month or two, but those poeple would just sign back on under another name. Eventually, the site was stripped of the interactive feature, which was a shame. I realise that it's hard to strike that happy medium, but I believe that Prana is doing so very well...so thank you Prana.

Sincerely,
geo

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 15, 2011 01:55AM

The way I dealt with Diogenez's message was to add a new word to the censored word list. However, it looks like John just went ahead and deleted that message.

geo, thanks for the compliment.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: November 15, 2011 03:55AM

I've been vegan 9 years and don't inject, don't know anyone (vegan or not) who does.

Date: November 15, 2011 07:50AM

Good call Prana and John. Nothing personal intended against Diogenez of course. Keeping things decent here is best for everyone.

Utopian Life, that's encouraging to me. Thank you for your information.

And congratulations on 9 years vegan! thumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2011 07:57AM by suncloud.

Date: November 15, 2011 09:09AM

Well I had a blood check some months ago, and turns out I was extremely low on B12. My Doc said that it was an absorbtion problem, and he recommended injection every few months. My Doc says that absorbtion is a problem with people who eat animal products too.

A friend of mine suggested that a good oral B12 suppliment would be better. I'm inclined to agree, so what is a good form of B12 supps?

Conversely, another friend of mine, who has been vegan for 14yrs said that once she had all the classic B12 deficiency symptoms. She fasted for a week, and all the symptoms disappeared. So, I guess each individual is different hey!

Your welcome Prana

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: November 15, 2011 09:13AM

what are you guys talking about? i been raw foods since birth.

lots of my messages get deleted because people are really upset by non violence ? w/e all power leads to abuse. it is well studied. That you mention you can't be above it is nothing new or shocking.

life vs lifelessness

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2011 09:14AM by Diogenez.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 16, 2011 04:14AM

Back to the prank call... thanks for the heads up. I skipped it.

My favorite raw vegan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables