Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blood Type Diets debunked
Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: November 21, 2011 01:20AM

[www.vegsource.com]

a friend gave me this today after another friend mentioned having a hard time going back to vegan and questioned the diet.

is this general consensus in the lfrv community ?

life vs lifelessness

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blood Type Diets debunked
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 21, 2011 01:54AM

At a lecture in either '99 or 2000 Gabriel Cousins said that the scientist whose research D’Adamo based his blood type book on called it "gross extrapolation". Pretty much puts his theory out of the running in my opinion.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 21, 2011 02:04AM

Gaberial cousens mentioned something about lectins or something like that in one of his books. It was in reference to raw lentils. He claimed they were difficult to digest, and the protein it contained did something strange. He recommended chickpeas over lentils for sprouting. He said not to completely avoid lentils if you like them and don't have any problem with it. Something like that. I found that I digest lentils easier than garbanzo bean sprouts.

I don't eat much of either now, so its no big deal

Date: November 21, 2011 01:29PM

He did talk about the science behind the book, blood types and lectins. It's not so dire though, I still eat lentil sprouts (and all the other things that I "should" avoid, sunflower seeds, avocado, etc).

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 21, 2011 10:11PM

As I have said before, D'Adamo's theories are interesting and his science is rigorous; it's his conclusions that are the problem. You cannot really extrapolate out from his research what he has extrapolated out. Intriguing enough to warrant more clinical study, but there's no money in it, etc., etc.

Date: November 23, 2011 05:50AM

Well, I began to read the book, since a friend of mine was fanatical about the diet, but when I came across a comment that the 'O' blood type stood for 'old', in that early humans were 'O' type, I had a good ol' laugh and stopped reading. Moreover, I don't understand how the author could know what blood type this to that ancient human society was, since the technology to analyse blood is fairly recent. Or am I premature in my conclusion? Is it possible to know the blood type of primative humanity?

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 23, 2011 01:06PM

Geo,
Thats funny, I never thought about why blood types are called what they are called. I did some searches, and one webpage said that A&B are probably older.
[www.bibliotecapleyades.net]

"This negates current theory that O is the original blood type, especially since the man-apes have little or no O blood type and no AB blood type. A and B are very likely the originals."

The main thing is thinking about it, and not just believing something because its in print, or written or typed somewhere.

I went to a resturant that was based on the blood type diet. It was actually high quality food. The menu had a number of vegetarian dishes for each blood type, but most were for the AB type. The more heavy meaty dishes were O.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 23, 2011 01:17PM

That's illuminating, Mislu. Thanks for that info!

Date: November 24, 2011 07:42AM

Yes, you're right Mislu, we don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water eh! Generally, even if a person was to follow such a diet, it's usually healthier than SAD, except where it says to eat lots of meat etc...Again Mislu, you've got me thinking about this, and you know, I don't even know what my own blood type is. Wow, how could I have overlooked such an important bit of info.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: November 24, 2011 02:29PM

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know his blood type. I suppose that learning mine would require a trip to some kind of clinic. Or would it be on my birth certificate?

Date: November 24, 2011 02:32PM

The majority of people don't know their blood type, I'm always shocked to learn that. It won't be on your birth certificate, it's an expensive test that you have to specially request.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: November 25, 2011 12:29AM

well, i don't know about the lectins, but i personally think the blood type diet has some truth to it. i noticed personally from people i know that people tend to gravitate toward "their" diet naturally, and when they don't, they look really unhealthy, like unhealthily fat and suffer from problems.i would recommend that book to anyone.

it's very interesting.. i felt great when i started following it to an extent

Date: November 25, 2011 09:34AM

Farout, I can't find my birth cerificate. But surely my GP would know yes?

Posted by: gems ()
Date: November 29, 2011 07:07PM

i don't know my blood type either. You have to go have a blood test through your GP i think. But I am interested in this diet, as i have tummy problems... but need to find out my blood type first! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables