Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is it okay for a 16 year old to juice fast?
Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: December 28, 2011 07:13PM

I just came across this thread on reddit. I'm wondering what the experts have to say before I chime in.

[www.reddit.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it okay for a 16 year old to juice fast?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 28, 2011 07:19PM

Unless one has health problems i see no reason to do any type of fasting at that age.

Get some good healthy food in you should be the goal in my opinion.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: December 28, 2011 08:01PM

I'm more concerned with him or her being vegan at that age. I'm picturing a lot of dead calories and processed pseudo-health foods. I'm not saying that veganism can't work at that age (IDK), but instead that I question whether or not that person knows enough to get proper nutrition.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 28, 2011 08:23PM

They're doing it with a parent partner, for a short time, and for a good reason. The kid's already interested in healthier eating and seems proactive. It was interesting to me that almost none of the reply posts discerns that drinking nothing but fresh juice for a week means a huge, sudden influx of vital, crucial nutrients. Some of them seem to think it's akin to pre-starvation.

There really is a difference between the way we define nutrition, and the way everyone else does smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2011 08:50PM

I wouldn't recommend it for that age, they are certainly not finished growing on the inside no matter how they look on the outside. There is a suggestion in the thread about subbing some of the junkier foods in the regular diet for juice and that I think is a great idea. The furthest I'd go with this would be juice fasting on ONE day weekly, a day that is also restful and not overly active.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables