Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My dog wants to eat me!
Posted by: rab ()
Date: January 29, 2012 12:07AM

My little pug, Koko, wants to eat me! And this is not a joke. Here is what happens: I feed her mostly chicken and some pork. Dog food is just snacks, not the main food. I try to feed them (We have two pugs) raw chicken, they love it, but I have to change the menu, as they get bored. So, I feed them cooked pork and sometimes beef (raw and cooked). After Koko is done with her meal, she jumps in my lap and starts historically licking my arms, in the vein area. She also goes for my ears. This goes on for 5-10 minutes, she is attacking me like there is no tomorrow.
My theory: After a good meal, Koko's glands are active and enzymes are flowing. I am a vegan, so my blood smells to her like the best food. She loves me enough to control herself, but after a good meal I seem like a logical desert smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My dog wants to eat me!
Date: January 29, 2012 02:28AM

...therefore, are vegans in more danger than carnivore humans when walking through wilderness?

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: January 29, 2012 02:38AM

The only time my two Boxers try and lick me to death is after I slather my skin with coconut oil or olive oil.

I wonder why your dogs are attracted to your pulse? I think we emit odors from all of our pores. At least, that is my theory. My dogs don't like anyone intoxicated which I believe the smell of alcohol is released through the pores.

Now please indulge us dog lovers and post a picture of your two.

Date: January 29, 2012 03:50AM

Let's see if these links work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2012 03:59AM by rab.

Date: January 29, 2012 03:57AM

These are Koko (daughter) and Droopy (father).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2012 04:00AM by rab.

Date: January 29, 2012 05:05AM

hehe, I meant hysterically, the spell checker updated it smiling smiley She does that historically too smiling smiley... I should have probably used 'intensely' or something like that instead. Koko is not 'hysterical' really, maybe a little over excited...

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: January 29, 2012 05:59AM

Awwww, they're so cute. That gave me the warm and fuzzies to last me a month. Thanks for posting.

Date: January 29, 2012 06:54AM

Thanks, roxeli. You got the correct frequency from them, they are healers.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 29, 2012 11:58AM

Cute little dogs Rab smiling smiley, i don't have an answer although it could be to do with iron or sodium possibly as a guess.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 29, 2012 03:39PM

What cute widdle dogs!

But tell me, do they refuse to eat vegetables and fruits, or do you not offer them? Dogs are true omnivores--they are not strictly meat eaters the way cats are--and every dog I've ever owned has fancied something from the plant kingdom along with their animal products. Leafy greens and carrots tend to be liked by dogs. I'd try giving them a bit of green smoothie every day, and see if this alters the behavior. [If you're doing a BARF diet, remember they must be given bone meal for minerals in a high ratio.]

Date: January 30, 2012 12:06AM

They don't like veggies, I tried. Koko likes dates and figs, I give her a little. I will keep on trying with different veggies, but they don't even show any interest.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: January 30, 2012 11:32AM

Maybe she is trying to warn you about something. He probably is jealous and doesn't care.

Date: January 30, 2012 03:00PM

She only does that when she eats good...so it has to do something with her digestion, enzymes etc.
The reason I posted this here is that I wonder if vegans smell differently, and, honestly, would that affect the way animals see us, treat us etc.?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 30, 2012 03:30PM

Typically after a meal wolves will all lay around and groom each others face and ears. Most likely to get the last traces of food and blood off each others faces. The pups at this time would lick at the muzzles of the adult dogs who would regurgitate some for the pups.

So it's likely your dogs are just having one of those ancestral throwback moments smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 30, 2012 11:05PM

How cute, it's great to have some posts like this. I remember living out in the bush near Darwin (Northern Territry,Aust) and my frinds had a cat named 'moon' and a sausage dog named 'gunja'. We fed them only what we ate, so it was left over vegan food. They thrived on it, and you never saw such a lively healthy pair. I would've thought that as they are designed as carnivors, that they would have to eat flesh. But in our case, it wasn't true, and Gunja particularly liked tomato haha.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 31, 2012 09:26AM

just as long as the teeth don't come into play

then you got a bit of a problem there

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables