Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Low fat or low fruit better for weight loss?
Posted by: jujube ()
Date: July 15, 2006 12:59AM

Which have you found to work better for weight loss? High fruit with very limited fat, or high fat with limited fruit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Low fat or low fruit better for weight loss?
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 01:04AM

a good balance of both. fruit in the morning and for snacks, veggies for meals has worked best for me so far.

I can't do too much of either.....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: July 15, 2006 01:56AM

Like 1/4 cp nuts a day, or 2T oil in a salad. No more. Both hi fat, and no fat/all fruit blow me up. Weird world!

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 02:11AM

our body's sence of crooks and ballances are always changing, though. one day you could decide all fruit or all veggies works best.

Posted by: jdc5390 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 03:47AM

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: July 15, 2006 05:02AM

I eat a variety of nuts/seeds equalling about a cup a day. I also eat a whole lot of fruit. The only time I gain weight is when I eat green salads (with just a little olive oil and raw wheat germ). I eat just fruits and nuts/seeds most days, and my weight gradually declines by about a half a pound after 3 or 4 days. Then I eat a green salad and it bounces back up to where it was before. I'm 5'1" and weigh 95 lbs.

Like you said Piano Gal, weird world. I'm seeing from this forum that we're all somewhat different.

Nuts and seeds do provide a lot of minerals that are somewhat harder to get from just fruits and veggies, like calcium and iron (for me that has been important). For example, 1/4 cup of unhulled sesame seeds contains more calcium than a whole cup of milk.

Best wishes, -Ally

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2006 05:06AM by Ally.

Posted by: rawblue ()
Date: July 15, 2006 05:08AM

What's worked well for me is to eat a fair amount of fat (1/4 cup of nuts, 2-3 TBSP olive oil +/- avacado and/or some tahin) per day for several days. Then cut the fat way down to MAYBE a TBSP of oil OR a small serving of nuts per day. The weight falls off me personally with this method.

I think it keeps my body "guessing" so it uses my stored fat after it has gotten used to external fat.

When I eat a moderate fat (in between the two extremes), I can lose, but not as easily or quickly.

Trust yourself, don't rush it, celebrate your victories and give yourself a BIG present once you reach your weight loss goal.

My best to you

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: July 15, 2006 05:19AM

That's very interesting, Rawblue!

-Ally

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 15, 2006 05:31PM

You certainly should play with this to see which works better for you. When I eat high fat, I have low energy, and I don't want to go outside and get exercise or do physical activity. Physical activity builds mucles, and mucles burn calories, even during rest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables