Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Remind me!!
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 17, 2012 01:24PM

Sheesh remind me to never ever ever get into a debate about the limitedness of allopathic medicine and how its paradigm is mostly about treating and suppressing symptoms.

Note to self you will never be able to convince pro-modern mediciners about natural dietary, herbal and exercise changes which are PROVEN might i add to help improve health. Its amazing how angry and hostile some get.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 01:26PM by powerlifer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Remind me!!
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 17, 2012 01:31PM

ha ha Powerlifer - I hear you and will remind myself of the same thing!!

Actually talking to most people about this subject is a frustrating business. I work in a not for profit wholefood cafe and shop and even people in there who you would think know better can be deaf to your words, incredulous, you name it. I tend to keep stum unless I think someone is genuinly interested. When I do blurt something out because I just can't help it - it always backfires and I am left thinking 'Why did I get into that?'

Motto for the day - 'Do not open my mouth to change feet'

p.s did you get my link on fb?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 01:32PM by flipperjan.

Date: January 17, 2012 01:37PM

Haha yeah its a lost cause at the end of the day, sometimes you wish you hadn't opened your mouth.

I did indeed, although i sadly can't handle cacao these days but i have many friends who do so have passed on the link. Ive heard they are tasty.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: January 17, 2012 01:48PM

I'm not sure if cacao is all that good for me - but they are my little treat that keeps me on the straight and narrow - if you get my drift!!! They stop me hanging out for dark vegan chocolate that isn't raw and is full of sugar.

The bar I had last week only had 14%cacao so not too bad - I have asked them for a nutritional breakdown and they are currently having the bars tested at the Duchy college - so will be interested in that when it comes.

Here is the link to Chocolate pies at Sprouting seeds for anyone interested in the UK

[www.livingfood.co.uk]

Sorry - have totally veered off topic - oops

Date: January 17, 2012 01:58PM

I just don't tolerate cacao well or even strong dark chocolate since the adrenal fatigue days. It can make me abit jittery and kind of mentally puts me on edge that i could be harming my adrenals after all the work it took.

But for others who are healthy, a little cacao now and again will do no harm and some of the raw cacao treats are yummy. Although i have a lady on my facebook who makes amazing raw chocolatey cakes which can be cacao free and use dates, carob etc.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: January 17, 2012 02:05PM

You know what annoys me the most, those who are debating for the other side are actually pedantic enough to suggest that as a CFS sufferer i should have tried nothing alternative i.e diet, herbs etc and should have just continued on with the anti-depressants which weren't working. That i should have just had my gallbladder removed because it wasn't working well rather than trying out proven bile stimulant herbs.

Damn pedants, id like to see if they would have done similar had they been presented with a decade nightmare of ill health like i and many others go through.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 02:06PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 17, 2012 02:44PM

I had this fantasy that it's less difficult to express ideas about non-allopathic medicine in the U.K. than here, where things are literally owned by Big Pharma. I assumed that there is a strong tradition of herbalism and natural modalities in the U.K. because so much of it is largely small-scale agrarian still. [sigh] Slap my wrist for being naive.

I recently got into a discussion with an old family friend about digestion. It was comical how misinformed this otherwise intelligent person was. I found that calmly but firmly making positive analogies won the argument. For example, she was insisting that her GP said it's not "normal" to void one's bowel every day. I said, "Do you eat only one meal a day?" And she said, "No, but . . " so I said, "Tell me, you used to own a dog. What would've happened if you'd fed her twice a day, but let her outside for her business only every other day? A mess on the rug, right?" Stumped her! Triumph! smiling smiley

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: January 17, 2012 02:58PM

I don't argue with them. I simply remove my shirt. Sure, it's a little weird at parties and such, but I think my point comes across quite nicely. smiling smiley

Date: January 17, 2012 03:48PM

HeavenHands Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't argue with them. I simply remove my shirt.
> Sure, it's a little weird at parties and such, but
> I think my point comes across quite nicely. smiling smiley

Hahaha.

Sadly this was on another forum and one line comment erupted in mayhem. A sudden feeling of not being in Kansas anymore Toto. I will stick to the dedicated health forums and those who are abit more open minded when it comes to everything lol.

Tamukha i think its just as bad here probably from what ive seen. People demand evidence of efficieny and fair do's as so do i with anything when it comes to health, but when you show them studies the opinions don't change so its a pointless arguement and debate over nothing, these people are ingrained in their ways that anything alternative or natural is bogus.

Which is why i rarely talk about health with people in real life unless they are open to discussion and interested in it.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 03:51PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: January 17, 2012 04:23PM

Chris,

Don't argue. Just present the facts and watch them take a trip on the river de-nile.

[www.yourmedicaldetective.com]

Paul

Date: January 17, 2012 04:27PM

Succint and inarguable graphics--LOVE them! Thanks, Paul smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 17, 2012 04:51PM

Holy cr@p, that's something else. Wow.

Date: January 17, 2012 05:56PM

Tam - i think it is easier here actually. It really depends where you are in the country - there are lovely little pockets of alternative people - but that is still what they are viewed as - alternative.

To be fair some GP's will suggest homeopathy, osteopathy, acupuncture - some even offer it but they are far and few between.

There is a town not too far away called Totnes where everyother person is an alternative practitioner, witch, mystic, you name it - it's there. It has a lovely vibe - good food, lovely cafe's, juice bar etc - but it is an exception.

I would say there are health food shops in every town with ads for alternative practitioners on the notice boards, at least in Southern England - i don't know about up north and Scotland - Powerlifer will have to fill in the gaps here!

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: January 17, 2012 06:05PM

Tell me about it. My moms accused me of being crazy because I buy "organic food." It's more expensive. Wah! The baby boomer generation is the largest now no? They are aging, and still clinging to be what I consider an unhealthy and outdated model. Not to mention, habits. But then don't throw the baby out with the bathwater either.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 17, 2012 06:42PM

I am learning this skill at my age of 59..keeping a lot of my opinions to myself. I'm trying to figure out why I have a need to state my opinion with the community I dwell in.

I feel like a proton that is bouncing around and sometimes attracts hostility from other protons..it's a seek and destroy mission for some or at least to seek and imprison or rather dominate.

Sometimes I think it's that if one is an optimistic person the pessimists want some of what you have but don't know how to give up their pessimism. Or maybe they want to turn you into a pessimist too.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 17, 2012 07:37PM

Egocentric. This is what I'd like to study on more and try to find ways to overcome.

Love,
Prism

Date: January 17, 2012 08:11PM

These people even refuse facts, studies and other evidence it is just not a winnable debate so i quit lol.

On the forums i will pitch in my views but in real life i tend to just keep quiet unless around others who know about natural health.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: January 17, 2012 08:56PM

flipperjan,

Thanks for that info; I am mulling over moving to the U.K. and I will add this to my dossier of "considerables." smiling smiley

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: January 18, 2012 09:21AM

a jobs based domination issue. baaaaa

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 31, 2012 09:36AM

hey powerlifter

ever hear the quote " don't throw pearl to swine"?

sounds harsh but

there is some merit in pondering it

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 31, 2012 03:34PM

Walk your path alone,keep food issues to yourself,and pray others will see the light.
Vinny

Date: February 03, 2012 02:36PM

It's a dog eat dog world.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 04, 2012 12:10PM

Have you noticed that glazed look that some get, and no matter what proven evidence you produce, they just won't capitulate. I don't know what that glassy, glazed eye look that some get is all about, but it's abit unnerving eh!

Date: February 04, 2012 12:58PM

Should I retire in Arizona?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables