Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do you have to be 100% Raw to be accepted by the Raw Food Community?
Posted by: chefskai ()
Date: February 04, 2012 08:12AM

I see so many Raw Leaders jumping off the 100% Raw food diet...stressing that its okay to eat some cooked vegan food. I wonder what the greater population feels like in regards to that. I think the benefits of eating purely a raw food diet is outstanding...on the other hand, I find socially raw foodies almost have to live in their own country because they are so caught up in the way they eat, they barely cannot mix with people who eat otherwise. What are your thoughts about this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you have to be 100% Raw to be accepted by the Raw Food Community?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 04, 2012 08:46AM

i stopped caring about what others thought about what i ate and then oddly enough others stopped caring about what i was eating smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 04, 2012 11:59AM

Interesting Jodi, so it seems that the more we stress about it the more we notice it...

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: February 04, 2012 01:09PM

I cook coconut milk soup and love every bite of it.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 04, 2012 01:09PM

It is possible to be 100% raw even in underserved communities surrounded by crap phood, or even in cattle country, theoretically, though it may be difficult and or expensive. So, barring expense, it may be just a matter of psychological attitude, no?

Date: February 04, 2012 02:14PM

Very often I read people lamenting over everything they aren't doing instead of focusing on the things that they ARE doing. The things you aren't doing DON'T EVEN EXIST so why think about them much at all? Rather, I find it beneficial and encouraging to be mindful of choices made, all the beneficial habits that I Have implemented in my life, all the good stuff I have made a part of daily life. Any tiny little thing you do for your own benefit is a good thing, one doesn't need to be 100% anything to be having a positive impact. That unattainable standard of perfection people try to hold themselves to is unrealistic and frankly, stressful. Stress = death. Relax.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: February 04, 2012 04:54PM

I sorta agree coco. Even with the raw health push. I mean, honestly, anyone can drop dead at any moment anyway. Take for example a story I heard about a vegan who died from eating organic strawberries that had ecoli. ( I honestly would prefer to take my chances, than pasteurizing all strawberries whole by the way.) what is to stress about?

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 04, 2012 07:23PM

I always feel welcomed here and when I went to raw food potlucks. I've never been 100% raw foodie..just days at a time..mostly was high raw but struggling now.

I think the raw food community at large are very warm and caring and nurturing individuals. We have people that are in various stages of their own journey.

For a movement to grow it needs to be inclusive and not exclusive and the raw food movement has put focus on the SAD and how to eat much healthier.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: February 04, 2012 11:45PM

I am not 100% raw and I feel accepted. Very much so, maybe more here than in any other place! And not just about food!

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: February 05, 2012 12:37AM

The answer is NO!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: February 05, 2012 01:26PM

I hope not.
Since I am not 100%.
I think its the willingness to eat,and appreciation of raw foods,is what really counts.
Just to try.

Vinny

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: February 05, 2012 01:52PM

How raw do you have to be to be attacked by Big Food Pharma? Come get your raw pork!! We'll stuff it with meds first!

Date: February 05, 2012 03:14PM

There used to be someone here that I'm reminded of at times..his user name was Gonzo. Coco, and others may remember him.

Sometimes I find certain posts offensive and sometimes I don't understand them.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 05, 2012 03:29PM

At least Dr Gonzo was funny. Incoherently funny at times but always good for a laugh winking smiley.

Date: February 06, 2012 04:26AM

Well, my two bits are basically what Prism indicated, that we all are at various stages of our own unique journey. And just as you said, inclusive not exclusive. As how else would the raw vegan movement grow, if only the so-called elite were included? I would think that the only prerequisite would be toward better health and veganism, cooked or uncooked.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 10, 2012 10:34AM

Would it be better that 1 billion people goes 80% raw or that 10,000 goes 100% raw?

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 10, 2012 06:39PM

Would it be better that 1 billion people goes 80% raw or that 10,000 goes 100% raw?

That is a poser, rawgosia smiling smiley

Date: February 10, 2012 06:56PM

If there were 1 billion people that were high raw (at least 75% raw) there'd be easily 10,000 people that were 100% raw. I wonder what the actual percentage is now and then you could just correlate that to a billion to whatever would be 100%. Did I postulate that correctly?

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 10, 2012 08:57PM

there is no good scientific or medical reason to be 100 percent raw. the enzyme thing with Powell is no good Prana himself has said so. Davis and Melina have corroborated as much. Don't let the perception of the perfect be the enemy of the perfect, which is high raw 50 to 80 percent by weight raw fruits and vegetables and the rest cooked to get optimal nutrients.

high raw is what is optimal, not all raw. ymmv.

Paul

Date: February 10, 2012 09:22PM

Pborst..so what are the 'other foods' one would eat in your opinion?

That 'other percentage' would be important..because you can't eat donuts and chips along with your high raw diet and all that a healthy diet.

I would think that 'the other perecent' would be the sticking point. Or do you think it doesn't matter because as long as one is getting at least 50% raw that offsets the "other 50% of other foods that one could eat whatever else they wanted?"

Just asking..'cause 'cooked foods' can mean a lot of things. But then any list you would state is going to be subjective to your idea of what is optimal.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 10, 2012 11:01PM

100% raw means 0 error. No one does that.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: February 11, 2012 04:38AM

Yes Prism, you postulated very well hahaha winking smiley, but there's one thing that I'll add. As with any population, and if we're looking at a bell curve, then there are what are called 'outliers'. So if there are 10,000 100% raw, then there may also be a percentage that are 100% cooked.

I didn't finish the advanced course in Psychology stats, since I changed to a Bch Social Work, but you won't believe this, that if you don't have a population where your sample was taken, then you basically invent one based on the sample....I was dumbfounded when I learnt that...they just make one up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables