Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eat More Kale!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 10, 2012 02:28AM

Does anybody know what this dude is all about? I'm thinking of supporting the kickstarter project just to help stick it in chickfila's corporate mug.

[www.kickstarter.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eat More Kale!
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: March 10, 2012 02:34AM

Great campaign!
I love kale and it should be on bilboards all over the country to eat more....or ANY....as the general population goes.

Vinny

Date: March 10, 2012 10:58AM

Yeah, I really don't see how chikfila can say he's infringing on their trade-mark. So if I sold tshirts with 'eat more of anything' on them, they'd sue me too??? It's all abit crazy I reckon.

What about monsatan, who successfully sued a guy who cleans grain for seed, cause they say that he was encouraging farmers to break the law by keeping some of their GM soya bean crop to replant after the seed was cleaned. Monsatan's has patented they GM soya bean since it's immune to their 'Round up' poison. Farmers are more or less forced to buy their seed from monsatan because of that factor. Therefore, monsatan has it all sown up (pun intended) lol.

Though really it's no laughing matter, as these multi-national corporations are increasingly calling the shots and depriving the grower of any say in what they grow and how they grow it.

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: March 10, 2012 11:14PM

Yeah, he's basically my neighbor. We are all in Vermont and all of us are in favor of him. (Excuse me, I am in a mood). Chickfila and other large corporate companies, please leave us all alone!!!

Eat more kale (my favorite vegetable), eat more greens, eat more raw, etc.!!!

Date: March 10, 2012 11:33PM

I hope everybody is pitching in whatever $ they can to support his kickstarter campaign. He's got 15 days left to reach the goal he set, if he doesn't reach it he loses ALL the donations (that's how kickstarter works).

Not many of us can afford to take on a big corporation by ourselves but together we can send them a message they won't soon forget!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 11, 2012 01:48AM

There is a sprout company here called EATMORE SPROUTS, and nobody has gone after them. O.o

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: March 11, 2012 01:37PM

Maybe that's because EATMORE SPROUTS is a sincere venture based in healthy, organic nutrition instead of a get rich quick scheme cooked up by a fattie who looks like he's never touched a healthy meal or done a minute of exercise in his life? That dude should create a t-shirt that says, "Eat Less Donuts" and follow its advice.

Thanks but I'll give my hard-earned money and respect to people who are real. The last thing I want to do is support the Idiocracy in its bid to turn health and nutrition into a phony cash cow.

phantom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a sprout company here called EATMORE
> SPROUTS, and nobody has gone after them. O.o

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 11, 2012 05:22PM

HeavenHands, is it necessary to share your position in such a judgmental way, in a way that could alienate people who are reading your post? I am specifically referring to "a fattie who looks like he's never touched a healthy meal or done a minute of exercise in his life". This phrase is insulting, derogatory, and contains unverifiable assumptions.

This kind o judgmental posts makes it hard for people who are new to this forum to feel safe, as where they to get vulnerable, they can expect to get kicked and insulted from you.

Is this the kind of forum you want to create here?

Date: March 11, 2012 05:29PM

Thank you Prana. There are lots of people here struggling with weight, there are even more people reading who don't post and may also be in similar situations. No body judgements are necessary, this forum is called raw food SUPPORT for a reason.

Date: March 11, 2012 06:15PM

Judgmental or factual? He's fat and unhealthy and trying to scam money out of people by portraying himself as some kind of health crusader. Open your eyes. The only thing that guy uses kale for is to sop up gravy. Besides his over weight status, look at his skin tone and eyes. Look at his flabby arms.

I suspect that most out of shape people are cool enough to not go around pan-handling for money under the illusion that they're representative of health. I'm very sensitive toward people who are honest. I promise to use the term "over-weight" in the future, even when referring to dishonest people.

Prana Wrote:
> HeavenHands, is it necessary to share your
> position in such a judgmental way, in a way that
> could alienate people who are reading your post? I
> am specifically referring to "a fattie who looks
> like he's never touched a healthy meal or done a
> minute of exercise in his life". This phrase is
> insulting, derogatory, and contains unverifiable
> assumptions.
>
> This kind o judgmental posts makes it hard for
> people who are new to this forum to feel safe, as
> where they to get vulnerable, they can expect to
> get kicked and insulted from you.
>
> Is this the kind of forum you want to create here?

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 11, 2012 06:31PM

being factual is still mean and alienating HEAVENHANDS. That would be the same as me calling someone an idiot on this forum. Some people come off that way, but I refrain from throwing around negative words because we are here to create a positive environment where people can learn about the benefits of raw food. EVEN if its from an over weight man who is in it for the money. Lets focus on the positive......EAT MORE KALE. Even fat money oriented people have the right to promote healthy food and help people. We all have our own way of being deep.
we are just asking for a kind environment.

Date: March 11, 2012 06:40PM

I said that in the future I would use the term "over-weight."

RAWLION Wrote:
> being factual is still mean and alienating
> HEAVENHANDS. That would be the same as me calling
> someone an idiot on this forum. Some people come
> off that way, but I refrain from throwing around
> negative words because we are here to create a
> positive environment where people can learn about
> the benefits of raw food. EVEN if its from an over
> weight man who is in it for the money. Lets focus
> on the positive......EAT MORE KALE. Even fat
> money oriented people have the right to promote
> healthy food and help people. We all have our own
> way of being deep.
> we are just asking for a kind environment.

Date: March 11, 2012 07:25PM

Exactly. This is a forum for "raw food SUPPORT." It's not for the expression of your pet causes. The guy is not defending kale. He's simply in a legal battle with Chick-Fil-A that he's now turning into a money-maker. If he made t-shirts that said, "Eat More Refined Sugar," he'd be doing the same thing. This is a copyright issue, not a health or nutrition issue.

Your man is on record as no fan of raw kale. That is incredibly obvious without even reading his words. Scroll to the end of the article: [www.nytimes.com]

For me, your unsolicited anger, whether directed at Chick-Fil-A or beekeepers or David Wolfe or moi is upsetting to my pursuit of health. That's all I know. If you don't want controversy, don't introduce controversy. This is a diverse group. The expectation that we all hold the same opinions is unrealistic.

I hold no anger or even dislike toward you. I simply don't understand why you're so unhappy and would love to see you focus more on what's beautiful in this life. There's so much of it. Outside of your anger and need to be at war, you seem incredibly blessed.

Take care and remember that stress is a killer. I can see how good you are and have nothing but beautiful hopes for you.

coco Wrote:
> Thank you Prana. There are lots of people here
> struggling with weight, there are even more people
> reading who don't post and may also be in similar
> situations. No body judgements are necessary, this
> forum is called raw food SUPPORT for a reason.

Date: March 11, 2012 10:54PM

Thanks so much for explaining the purpose of the forum to me, I'd missed all that in the post on forum policy. I hadn't realized you were now in charge here and setting the standards as to what is valid discussion and what is not. Will keep that in mind.

Date: March 12, 2012 12:20AM

Damn Coco. You need to give a guy a chance. I've tried many times with you to bring our internet relationship to a civil level, but as soon as I get started, you mug me. If I'm nice to you, it's because I'm a glib con-man. If I'm not nice, if I conform to your low expectations because it's all you'll allow, it's because my true stripes are showing, thus giving you license to bring the hate. I can't win with you. So we disagree on a few things. Big deal. This is a public internet forum on a planet with 7 billion people. It happens. Whatever. I could never be truly angry at you. If you want to hate me, fine. Just know that I'm not projecting the same bad thoughts in your direction.

coco Wrote:
> Thanks so much for explaining the purpose of the
> forum to me, I'd missed all that in the post on
> forum policy. I hadn't realized you were now in
> charge here and setting the standards as to what
> is valid discussion and what is not. Will keep
> that in mind.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 12, 2012 12:42AM

HeavenHands, you really can't see your part in Coco's reaction to you! How interesting smiling smiley

Date: March 12, 2012 04:01AM

Date: March 12, 2012 03:36PM

The side where you actively work at verbally disliking everything I post? It's your choice, what you read and reply to here. Take a little responsibility for yourself and stay away from threads you don't agree with and have nothing of value to contribute to.
Or did you mean the side where you insult followed by a paper thin expression of "genuine" concern about my mental health? Please.
And don't flatter yourself that I care for you one way or the other. To be honest, I rarely look at who has posted what, I respond to what's written not the writer.

I posted a link to the Kale guy's story because I absolutely support the small guy's effort to resist bullying by a big corporation. And like I said, we can't all take on a giant by ourselves but the more of us who band together to send a message, the more impossible it will be to ignore us. Support it or not as you choose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables