Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cinnamon
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: March 13, 2012 11:02AM

Duke posted a you tube link to a wonderful old guy of 109. He credited his healthy old age to 5 foods - honey, garlic, chocolate, cinnamon (yikes I've forgotten the fifth already - not much hope for me!!! smiling smiley )

Anyway - my question is - what does cinnamon do for you, who eats it and how?

Is it a bark, does anyone here grow it and harvest their own? I will do my own research but keen to know what people here think/do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cinnamon
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 13, 2012 04:08PM

It's supposed to balance the blood sugar, which is great. I think anyone who fears diabetes would do well to make it a regular part of their diet. I didn't see that post by Duke! That is exciting because I love the taste of cinnamon and it goes so well with honeywinking smiley

I don't know if it has antioxidant properties but I'd be surprised if it didn't. Another thing is that since it's warming, I wonder if it is officially a thermogenic herb, which increases circulation like ginger.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: March 13, 2012 04:15PM

Here is the link banana who if you want it

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 13, 2012 04:16PM

Thanks, FJ!smiling smiley

Date: March 13, 2012 06:02PM

FJ, I watched the video and the fifth food was Ritz crackers! (I saw a box atop his fridgewinking smiley)

No, it was olive oil. I wonder what his ethnicity is? I ask this because his last name seems Spanish; I wonder if he's from the Caribbean because that's half my genes, too! Someone mentioned melanin making a person look young and while it's true in terms of wrinkles, I do think being too much underweight ages a person.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 13, 2012 08:25PM

Apparently, there are four different kinds of cinnamon... and the one sold commonly in stores doesn't have nearly the health benefits of the true cinnamon.

I will have to see if I can rediscover the Latin names. I wonder which species these studies are done with?

Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: March 13, 2012 08:41PM

I used cinnamon to make raw granola and buckwheat porridge

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 13, 2012 08:59PM

Yes there are different types of Cinnamon. True cinnamon is considered to be the species Cinnamomum zeylancium and most of what is being sold as cinnamon though is Cassia cinnamom or Cinnamomum burmannii.

Studies have been mixed when it comes to the benefits of Cinnamon and that is probably largely due to the different types being used. Putting that aside Cinnamon is a potent antioxidant and has shown other benefits such as lowering blood sugar and anti-microbial properties.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables