Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question for John
Posted by: rawne ()
Date: March 11, 2012 12:12PM

Can you direct me to a video that will demonstrate how to successfully grow broccoli sprouts in terra cotta pots? I've had to dispose of four batches after four unsuccessful attempts. The same seeds sprouted in a glass mason jar although not as well as other seeds. I prefer using terra cotta because I got to sample a small amount and the taste superiority between the former and glass is marked.
Thanks,
rawne

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question for John
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 11, 2012 02:51PM

John doesn't visit this forum regularly but you could post this query in the sprouting forum here
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 11, 2012 06:46PM

just gotta rinse em 2-4 times a day. works fine for me. I don't use glass jars cuz they seem to rot quickly.

Date: March 11, 2012 06:51PM

Rawlion,

Do you specifically do broccoli sprouts in terra cotta?
I tried rinsing them in the am & pm, & they became moldy. Then I went back over the instructions that came with the sprouter & it said to rinse them only after soaking the seeds. Tried that, never watering them again & they barely sprouted & I had to dispose of them too.
Thanks for your response.

rawne

Date: March 11, 2012 06:52PM

I appreciate your response Coco. I'll try posting it to the forum you suggested.
rawne

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 14, 2012 11:36AM

i saw his vids though on the incredible plant foods he grows

it RAWCKSSS!! big time!

Date: March 15, 2012 03:11PM

Rawlion, I tried your suggestion & watered 4x/day as I'm in warm, humid south Florida & it worked like a charm! I'm so grateful for your response as I was reluctantly going to give up on the terra cotta.
rawne

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables