Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can colostrum cause cancer? Then why do DW/DV sell it?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 08, 2011 10:19AM

Here is the vid. It will probably get deleted off youtube soon so check it out and share your opinion.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can colostrum cause cancer? Then why do DW/DV sell it?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 08, 2011 12:13PM

I wish you could spare 5 mins to write your messages as I really do not enjoy your video's but am interested in what you have to say.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 10, 2011 02:53AM

www.durianrider.org

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 10, 2011 11:22AM

There is nothing to suggest colostrum can cause cancer, the levels of IGF-1 are so small it wouldn't be of issue. When they are talking about IGF-1 possibly related to various cancers such as prostate they are talking about people such as bodybuilders who supplement with IGF-1 and various other growth factors/hormones which all come with the obvious side effects such as possible increased cancer risk, diabetes etc

Saying that colostrum is aload of crap, isn't vegan, back in the day rival brands showed that one contained pus and blood, the antibodies that are touted aren't even absorbed, so yeah overpriced crap i agree.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 11:23AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: February 11, 2011 02:13PM

Wow, I really can feel the love on this issue, never saw it before.

Posted by: Duke ()
Date: March 17, 2012 04:24PM

powerlifer, i was wondering if you would share with us your insight / research about why the antibodies found in colostrum not absorbed by the human body?

Date: March 17, 2012 05:05PM

Duke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> powerlifer, i was wondering if you would share
> with us your insight / research about why the
> antibodies found in colostrum not absorbed by the
> human body?

After the age of 2 i think it is the gut stops absorbing these anti-bodies, this is well documented. I will see if i can find anything on it, when i get a minute.

Posted by: Duke ()
Date: March 17, 2012 05:22PM

What i have seen so far is that for newly born animals, their digestive track for the first 24 hours only is porous and thus the large molecules of protein found in colostrum including the antigens which are IgG(s) are easily absorbed.

Others claim that colostrum has 98% abosbability rate; i tend to see those as anecdotal opinions though since they come from people who buy or sell the product. I still havent found any profound claims or studies on the benefits of ingesting colostrum.

It certainly wont cause any health problems, and probably help in strengthening one's immune system but not to the extent that it is claimed.

I ve looked for over three hours now, and all i find is contaminated information sources aka nonprofound information from nonprofound sources.

I still find it hard to grasp the fact that we're not able to absorb those antibodies or antigens which are anyway anti-proteins / proteins in their own merit. We should be able to absorb at least some amount of them but then again they're broken down to sub-components. So perhaps our bodies can absorb them but cant utilize them unless if they can restructure them back to their original complex forms. I dont know. I am making it sound like it's complex but anyone with some knowledge about nutrition can answer this.

So yeah, do let me know what the sources you stumbled upon tell you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2012 05:24PM by Duke.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: March 17, 2012 05:54PM

What you do is consume the colostrum and then chase it with some zeolites. That'll set ya straight. Just kidding. I have a lot of respect for PL and have noticed that he has yet to be wrong on anything that I've double-checked or tried. First time for everything I suppose, but he doesn't strike me as the non-thorough/react on emotion/agenda type.

I don't click on any of Durianrider's links because A) He's wrong and b) Hits to his vids provide him support and C) His vibration sends me tail-spinning into sadness. I'm not kidding. Whatever is wrong with colostrum, I can guarantee you that there's much more wrong with that dude. I prefer to fast from both...for life. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2012 05:54PM by HeavenHands.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 17, 2012 09:03PM

Having nursed two babies I can tell you that they survive for about 3 days on nothing but colostrum and it's a very tiny amount. Actual breast milk doesn't come in until around day 3 and then it's in copous amounts. So the colostrum is doing some very specific job before the digestive system is ready to or is altered by actual food. I've read and tend to believe that introduction by mouth of anything other than natural breast milk, including water, permanently interferes with an infant's ability to absorb antibodies from mama's milk. The beginning of life is an extremely tender time so while it's my opinion that colostrum is essential in the healthy development of a baby's body it's also my opinion that it's not powerful enough to do much for a person beyond the age of 3 days.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 17, 2012 11:14PM

Duke,

The permeability of a baby's intestine determines how many antibodies from colostrum--human or bovine--get through the intestinal wall. The tissues of the intestine soon coalesce, these conduits close, and the stomach matures so that colostrum ingested orally is destroyed by digestive acids. This is why mothers--human or bovine--do not continuously produce colostrum for the entire nursing period. This is also why studies demonstrating its use as supplement for the neurologically compromised elderly, for example, are preliminary as yet.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 21, 2012 04:43PM

HeavenHands Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What you do is consume the colostrum and then
> chase it with some zeolites. That'll set ya
> straight. Just kidding.

LOL .. this funny, but meh so true .. it smacks of current medical establishment protocol ... got symptom A? heres a drug.. oh side effects from that drug .. heres 2 more drugs .. side effects from those 2? heres 4 more drugs .. an so on .. an so on ... *FACEPALM*

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: March 21, 2012 04:55PM

I did some more research into Colostrum and some studies have shown that even though the anti-bodies are not absorbed by the gut, the mere presence of the anti-bodies and immune factors helped assist and in turn improve the immune process. I thought that was interesting, but it still doesn't change the fact that many manufacturers promote these anti-bodies as being absorbed by the body when the gut closes off to these anti-bodies in our early years of life.

Thanks HH for the kind words also, the respect is mutual smiling smiley.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2012 04:57PM by powerlifer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables