Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

swollen ankle, help!!
Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: July 15, 2006 05:40PM

Hi all,
A really special friend of mine tripped and fell on the cement and almost thought she shattered her knee cap.

She iced it and took some wheatgrass and put some frozen wheatgrass cubes on it. She then used a hot water bottle and has been doing this everyday for the last three days.

The swelling of her leg went down in the three days and now her ankle is really swollen and all puffy. It just keeps getting worse.

The whole leg from the knee cap down to the ankle is still black and blue.

Please does anyone have any advice what to do to help it get better.

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: swollen ankle, help!!
Posted by: Ally ()
Date: July 15, 2006 06:23PM

Arnica is really good for swelling. There are the homeopathic arnica tablets, and also arnica gels and cream.

Also, if your friend has not yet visited the doctor, it never hurts to get a doctor's opinion.

Best wishes, -Ally

PS: Once I cracked a bone in my foot, and it swelled so bad I could hardly walk. A naturopath gave me just a couple of the tiny white arnica tablets, and the swelling and most of the pain was completely gone in about an hour! Can't expect those kind of results all the time of course, but I've been a big arnica fan ever since.

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 06:26PM

Is she sure it isn't broken?

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: July 15, 2006 09:21PM

Hi Ally,
thanks smiling smiley

My friend googled arnica and thought the gell looked good. She's trying it now and it seems to feel good so far so we'll see.

Thanks for telling us about it

Hi luna_sky_1,
She can move it so we dont' think its broken although we're not 100%

Thanks smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2006 09:23PM by singinraw.

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 09:23PM

a hair line fracture will still move, but she also may have just gotten a really bad sprain. I'd have her get it checked out and x-rayed just to be safe.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: July 16, 2006 05:19PM

I twisted my ankle this spring and it swelled up and also turned colors. I can't help but think that the swelling that occured was beneficial. Some family members tried to get me to take aspirin and some tried to get me to put ice on it to reduce the swelling. I'm not sure why. I just let it do it's thing. I keep trying to trust my body more and "modern medicine mindset" less. But, then, I was pretty sure that it wasn't broken because it didn't hurt that much. I would definately want to be sure about that.

I wish your friend "Good Healing"!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: deeds ()
Date: July 16, 2006 11:20PM

ouch

hope she feels better soon, singin

xxx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables