Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has anyone seen this movie?
Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: March 21, 2012 03:50AM

Or know anything about what happened? I don't eat bananas anymore. They make me ill. I hope it has nothing to do with this. [colorlines.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone seen this movie?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 21, 2012 02:44PM

I try to buy organic nanners whenever I can. I also prefer red bananas, but these are hard to get.

It does astound me that stuff that is illegal for us to use on our produce here is OK to have on imported goods from American concerns overseas. If it's against the law for them to use it here, it should be against the law for them to use it there, and for anything containing it to be imported.

Have you heard about the growing UK social media pushback against Waitrose grocery stores because they dared stock a petite broccoli produced by a subsidiary of Monsanto? This subsidiary, Seminis, naturally hybdridizes the broccoli from non GMO seeds, but that isn't good enough for the people protesting--they want no Monsanto products at all in their produce sections, no matter how "safe," because they presume this is a foot in the door for Monsanto.

Here, shoppers are different. sad smiley

Date: March 21, 2012 08:55PM

I watched the movie last night. It can be streamed at amazon for $2.99, but I wouldn't recommend wasting your time or money. Unfortunately, showing causation in a case like that is very difficult. I left it feeling like both the plaintiff's lawyers and Dole were equally sleazy. I still find it important to recognize Dole's epic lack of respect for human life. Eating raw in the winter time just became a little more difficult for me. No more Dole, but I think that would only entail the rare pineapple that I eat.

It's weird because I've never really liked bananas and am now so disgusted by them that I can't swallow them. To me food has a soul. It feels like where it comes from. This case explains a lot.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 21, 2012 11:05PM

Yeah, if their practices are this bad, I'm off them, too. Have yet to see fair trade bananas in Michigan, alas.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 21, 2012 11:40PM

im gona try an find a freebie view of it .. it seems to remind of the book grapes of wrath (never saw the movie) ..well cept in a more modern scene

thanks for the heads up !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: March 22, 2012 11:13PM

I hope you find a free one Jodi but this movie isn't very well done. It's that type of situation, but Grapes of Wrath is a classic. I read yesterday that Dole ended up settling with 5000 workers. Details of the settlement were not revealed. That happened after this movie was finished.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables