Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Make $20,000 From Raw Food
Posted by: rawjoe ()
Date: March 22, 2012 02:20PM

Whilst casually browsing 30 Bananas A Day website i found this gem.

Here’s How You Can Create Passive Income Doing What You Love in the Natural Health Movement...

Learn how to make $2000-$20,000 per month. This is not a gimmick. The course starts on April 16th and it's limited to 35 people.

30BAD members get $100 off the total. ENTER 30bad for discount.

Upon further investigation it seems they are just affiliating Frederic Patenaude's program. A raw guru who eats chicken sandwiches on occasion LOL.

Ridiculous that any of these huxters would think they are worth 20,000 dollars for coaching.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Make $20,000 From Raw Food
Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: March 22, 2012 03:24PM

Stuff like this happens all the time, so im not surprised.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: March 22, 2012 04:39PM

Can we get back to being hippies? PLEASE? So sick of these @#$%& Bernie Madoffs and their money making schemes everywhere.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 22, 2012 06:00PM

Hey, even some "hippies" knew how to made the big bucks. Hell, some of them were just slumming it anyhow. They sat around in their granny dresses and faded bellbottoms with love beads around their necks and ran up to the mailbox every month for their checks from Mommy and Daddy! There is a great book I found at a used bookstore years ago called "Getting Back Together." It's out of print but I am sure Amazon has copies. It was written by a NY Times journalist who went to various communes during the Back-to-the-Land movement in the Late '60s/early '70s. He documented his experiences at some of these places (only a few survived to this day). Very interesting (and telling) read...

Date: March 22, 2012 06:24PM

Oh I know. That was just a quick reference I pulled out of my hat. Most hippies I've been around are about as peace and love oriented as your average gang member.

Date: March 22, 2012 07:49PM

LOL!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 22, 2012 08:44PM

I think that anyone paying for services like that deserves whatever they get. That might sound a little harsh but seriously, who falls for this junk?

That's weird HH, my parents are hippies so I grew up with all of their friends. Awesome musicians, lots of artists, very funky dressers. Maybe some of them were a bit self-indulgent with the substances but still pretty good folk.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:10PM

It goes without saying that hippies were a minority of those involved in the anti-war movement in the late 60s. They got more visibility because of how they dressed and behaved. But most students and young people on either side of the war issue didn't. I grew up then. I was a kid but I had eyes. Knew some hippies but most weren't.

I suspect that we wouldn't know them on the street today if we saw them. I saw the Woodstock recollection video and the guy who did the "what are we fighting for??" song Wouldn't know him from adam at a starbucks.

Paul

Date: March 22, 2012 09:16PM

Paul, you would get such a kick out of my mama. She embodies the spirit in dress and behavior to this day grinning smiley.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:37PM

I believe ya..

Date: March 22, 2012 11:04PM

Hippie culture was and is too influenced by predatory dealers of hard drugs and addicts. That's the modern reality and I'm sure it was the reality 40-50 years ago. It's much more Altamont than it is the picture of peace and love displayed in the movie Woodstock. And what about someone like Bill Ayers? You think he was some softie with his bombs? I don't filter my experience through that of the 60s or my parents. I wasn't there. I go based on personal experience with the modern variety comprised of the kids of the people who were there in the 60s. We were doing our thing in the 80s and 90s. It was insane, and yes, we were more like gang-bangers with long-hair than we were golly gee aw shucks middle-class kids going through a harmless rebellious phase. That's just the truth, and a lot of that culture was precipitated by the harshness with which law enforcement dealt with us. It was also increased by the cynical commercialization of the culture. I don't suppose you were at Woodstock 2? I wasn't either, but some of the young brothers and sisters were and all they talked about were $15 slices of pizza and audience members carrying Uzis. Ever go on Phish tour? There were crews everywhere. There were some, if you @#$%& them over or they simply didn't like you, they would dump a vial of liquid LSD over over your head. Not fun. Never happened to me, but I know it happened. The cops used Dead shows and Phish shows as dragnets that ended up sending kids to hard-core prisons for minor possession of psychedelics, some of my friends included. There were kids OD'ing everywhere. Sure, it had its nice moments. We were really just kids looking for innocence in that world and sometimes we had it, but for the most part? It was whack. If we had followed along 100% with the everything's "groovy" Brady Bunch ethic, we would have been eaten alive. So no, I don't know much about what you're talking about.

You're right though. It is the fault of the gullible people who pay for that crap. No hippies I ever knew would pay any of these people for anything. See what I'm saying? Can you imagine your parents and their friends paying 1K plus and in some cases 7K to Fred Patenaude for lessons on screwing people out of their money? Can you imagine them paying 11K to not eat for a month at Graham's place in Costa Rica? Do you think they would ever suffer a world that entails the angry little spandex minds and silicone souls of the Durianrider and Freelee ilk? Hell no. Whatever your experience with hippies may have been, I think it's safe to say that they would not approve of what we have in the here and now.

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that anyone paying for services like that
> deserves whatever they get. That might sound a
> little harsh but seriously, who falls for this
> junk?
>
> That's weird HH, my parents are hippies so I grew
> up with all of their friends. Awesome musicians,
> lots of artists, very funky dressers. Maybe some
> of them were a bit self-indulgent with the
> substances but still pretty good folk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 11:06PM by HeavenHands.

Date: March 23, 2012 12:09AM

Well... my mom took a transendental meditation class once but I think it was free or close to it, lol. They weren't the sort to hero worship or get into gurus, they just loved gigging. Well, my dad did get interested in Scientology for a while but my mom wasn't into it and he was more into her than anything else so...
Maybe it's that sort of personality that's willing to hand over tons of dough for a shifty deal, those people who are looking to be saved by a guru. I don't know.

Actually, my parents were going to go to Woodstock but they chose another music festival because at the time it didn't really sound to them like it was going to be a very good show, ha ha. No regrets on the parts of the 'rents though, they were (and are) a bit more mellow than all that.
The kids of my parents friends are an assorted bunch but we all mostly work in the arts and are political activists and organizers. Lots of interesting business owners and musicians. I don't know a lot of us who rebelled actually, we sort of liked our folks growing up, I remember a lot of good times, fun parties, amazing people.
I've got friends who toured around with the Dead, it never appealed to me for a minute. Cultish stuff or things that go too over the top "I need a miracle!" aren't my bag. I wouldn't listed to the same album over and over again, why the same band night after night after night? I don't get it.

Date: March 23, 2012 12:18AM

HH, oh no u dih int say "Bill Ayers." ((facepalm)) Oh noes! Hide under the bed and cower!!!!

Coco, I never dug the Grateful Dead. I was going to say before that there are different types of hippies and that whole scene was more of a hillbilly hippie vibe to me. They just seemed into the partying versus the actual political aspect of other hippies (or yippies, LOL). And then you had the spiritual types who took acid as a way to reach God (or the Easter Bunny, depending on the dose, LOL). I like those types and even consider myself a hippie in spirit, albeit more grounded (at least in my own mind, if not other people's).

Date: March 23, 2012 02:55AM

I never saw touring with the Dead as cultish so much as an excuse to see the country with a constant supply of beautiful women and awesome drugs. How do you form all these negative opinions and judgments from afar? Wow. You must be God or something. smiling smiley It was just something to do. I learned more in one summer doing that than I learned through BA, MA, MA, PhD. I never had to rebel against my parents because I was their last of many children. They were too tired of parenting to bother with me. I was allowed to run free yet come from a nice, upper-middle class family with many an Ivy League graduate. It was amazing being Huck Finn.

coco Wrote:
> Well... my mom took a transendental meditation
> class once but I think it was free or close to it,
> lol. They weren't the sort to hero worship or get
> into gurus, they just loved gigging. Well, my dad
> did get interested in Scientology for a while but
> my mom wasn't into it and he was more into her
> than anything else so...
> Maybe it's that sort of personality that's willing
> to hand over tons of dough for a shifty deal,
> those people who are looking to be saved by a
> guru. I don't know.
>
> Actually, my parents were going to go to Woodstock
> but they chose another music festival because at
> the time it didn't really sound to them like it
> was going to be a very good show, ha ha. No
> regrets on the parts of the 'rents though, they
> were (and are) a bit more mellow than all that.
> The kids of my parents friends are an assorted
> bunch but we all mostly work in the arts and are
> political activists and organizers. Lots of
> interesting business owners and musicians. I don't
> know a lot of us who rebelled actually, we sort of
> liked our folks growing up, I remember a lot of
> good times, fun parties, amazing people.
> I've got friends who toured around with the Dead,
> it never appealed to me for a minute. Cultish
> stuff or things that go too over the top "I need a
> miracle!" aren't my bag. I wouldn't listed to the
> same album over and over again, why the same band
> night after night after night? I don't get it.

Posted by: EvolveWithFlavor ()
Date: March 23, 2012 02:57AM

who knows, this actually may be something worth looking into.

Date: March 23, 2012 03:18AM

The friends I knew who toured around with them were all women. Different experience dude. Believe me, nothing like what you described. You say you did it for a summer? I'm talking years for a couple of them, one in particular was such a hard core deadhead. I couldn't imagine following a band around for YEARS like that, listening to them over and over and over again.

Date: March 23, 2012 03:18AM

I'm not saying Ayers was some kind of bad ass or that I like him. I'm just saying that setting off real live bombs in the Pentagon is a far cry from harmlessly slumming prior to law school and/or driving a Subaru Outback, wearing Birkenstocks, eating granola and calling yourself a hippie. He was still a poor little rich boy though. But so what? I told you where I'm from and exactly where I lived. That should tell you plenty about what I had growing up.

Uhhh, everyone I went on Dead tour with has a genius IQ. We're all fascinating people if I may say so myself. Hillbilly hippie? Yeah, the music is very roots oriented, but so is all of rock-n-roll. Some are just more willing to admit it. Jerry definitely cut a bluegrass album or two, but that's a beautiful, family-oriented, peace driven culture. If you think that there weren't tons of people as you describe, the spiritual type for example, you're just not seeing the whole picture, at all. And, if you can't at least admire Dead Heads for their youthful beauty, I don't know what to say. Pretty young girls in flower print dresses with no make-up and thin lanky boys with long hair and choir boy faces? Come on. AND if you don't at least like Box of Rain, you've got no soul. Life is heaven and hell. That world has/had plenty of both. It's real, living art and poetry.

But hey, it was just one experience of many. I lived the punk rock and alternative scenes on Chicago's N. Side more than I did the Dead thing. I've lived enough in 44 years that I should probably be dead by now. I've run out of things to do outside of figuring out how to move into another dimension drug-free. I'll let you know when I get there. Maybe you and coco can tell me all about it from your distant perch. smiling smiley

banana who Wrote:
> HH, oh no u dih int say "Bill Ayers." ((facepalm))
> Oh noes! Hide under the bed and cower!!!!
>
> Coco, I never dug the Grateful Dead. I was going
> to say before that there are different types of
> hippies and that whole scene was more of a
> hillbilly hippie vibe to me. They just seemed into
> the partying versus the actual political aspect of
> other hippies (or yippies, LOL). And then you had
> the spiritual types who took acid as a way to
> reach God (or the Easter Bunny, depending on the
> dose, LOL). I like those types and even consider
> myself a hippie in spirit, albeit more grounded
> (at least in my own mind, if not other people's).

Date: March 23, 2012 03:19AM

I would go in the summer.

coco Wrote:
> The friends I knew who toured around with them
> were all women. Different experience dude. Believe
> me, nothing like what you described. You say you
> did it for a summer? I'm talking years for a
> couple of them, one in particular was such a hard
> core deadhead. I couldn't imagine following a band
> around for YEARS like that, listening to them over
> and over and over again.

Date: March 23, 2012 03:20AM

Oh gosh, don't get me wrong, those 2 girls who toured for the longest are both whip smart. Nothing stupid going on there despite the partying.

Date: March 23, 2012 03:22AM

Yeah, I know the type. I don't get it either. I'm a variety is the spice type. I think a lot of those people were concerned about losing their connection if they got off the wheel.

coco Wrote:
> The friends I knew who toured around with them
> were all women. Different experience dude. Believe
> me, nothing like what you described. You say you
> did it for a summer? I'm talking years for a
> couple of them, one in particular was such a hard
> core deadhead. I couldn't imagine following a band
> around for YEARS like that, listening to them over
> and over and over again.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 23, 2012 01:50PM

Wait, what was this thread about? . . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2012 01:51PM by Tamukha.

Date: March 23, 2012 01:55PM

It was about coco's parents being weekend warrior hippies and Banana Who having a thing for guys that drop acid and claim to know God. winking smiley

Date: March 23, 2012 02:43PM

Uh...not. I am sorry, but I bought a book about Jerry Garcia's life and was totally uninterested. Having a high IQ doesn't make someone interesting, by the way. Just in case we weren't clear. Jim Morrison supposedly had one also, and look where it got him.

To me, The Band and Grateful Dead are part of the same genre. And it's just not my cup of tea. It's good music but I prefer The Beatles, The Doors, etc.

And don't forget what Garcia died from. He was a coke head and heroin addict. No "organic" substances for him at that point! And I am not downing him for his addiction; it was just a far cry from what most people thought they symbolized.

Date: March 23, 2012 03:40PM

You're so negative. Live a little. Open your mind. I think that Prana should organize a rawfoodsupport dot com DMT retreat. That'll make this place a bit more loose. Think about it dude. Let me know and I'm there!

banana who Wrote:
> Uh...not. I am sorry, but I bought a book about
> Jerry Garcia's life and was totally uninterested.
> Having a high IQ doesn't make someone interesting,
> by the way. Just in case we weren't clear. Jim
> Morrison supposedly had one also, and look where
> it got him.
>
> To me, The Band and Grateful Dead are part of the
> same genre. And it's just not my cup of tea. It's
> good music but I prefer The Beatles, The Doors,
> etc.
>
> And don't forget what Garcia died from. He was a
> coke head and heroin addict. No "organic"
> substances for him at that point! And I am not
> downing him for his addiction; it was just a far
> cry from what most people thought they symbolized.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables