Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

MSM - it it worth the money?
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: March 28, 2012 10:51AM

I did a forum search for msm and was surprised that nothing came up in the results! So, here's my question - do you guys use msm, do you think it has a noticeable benefit, and is it worth the money?

Thanks xx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MSM - it it worth the money?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 28, 2012 11:17AM

Depends on what you are wanting to use MSM for Lisa.

If you are just looking for a general supplement to improve your health id argue that there are better options such as adaptogenic herbs which also happen to be much cheaper.

If you are looking to use MSM for its benefits such as chelation of metals, skin, hair, nails or any other sulfur related benefits then MSM is a good option.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 28, 2012 01:50PM

I was thinking about adding it to homemade toothpaste/powder.

Date: March 28, 2012 02:26PM

Hi Powerlifer, yes it was for detoxing and other general benefits, skin, hair etc. But, other than taking other peoples' word for it, I really don't feel any difference. For instance, eating a raw food diet makes an immediate, massive, tangible difference in how I feel, physically, emotionally, spiritually etc.. yet supplements/superfoods don't seem to make much difference.. I just take them cos I read something or other about how they're good for x y or z.. but they cost so much! I tend to not bother especially this time of year, cos there's so many wild foods out there for free.

Coco, yes I always add some to my toothpastes smiling smiley I made a cool concoction yesterday: coconut oil, neem oil, essential oils (tea tree, peppermint, clove, cinnamon, lemon, rosemary), turmuric, msm, and sea salt with activated charcoal. Potent stuff!

Date: March 28, 2012 02:38PM

Supplements, herbs and such should be tailored to your needs. The reason why many can feel benefits from an individual supplement more than others is they could have a specific problem that is remedied by taking it. Low sulfur although not common, some can find additional sulfur in the form of MSM helps their skin, hair or brings down their heavy metals counts etc.

If you don't feel any benefit i would probably stop although thats not to say they aren't working and keeping you healthy under the surface, ive gone through testing 1000's of different supplements and only a couple of handfuls i would recommend. But then again whats one mans poison is another mans cure.

Wild foods are amazing smiling smiley.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 28, 2012 05:34PM

Would anyone recommend a source of MSM personally? I am huge into the chelation right now, and my tax return should allow a nice little treat to myself. 8) (I'm going to get some magnetic clay baths, too >.> )

Date: March 28, 2012 05:45PM

The magnetic clay baths are great, im still feeling a level of new clarity everytime i use them. Im wondering that im not as metal free as tests once suspected, i know metals can be deep stuck in your tissues. Might do another hair tissue mineral analysis to see if the baths are getting out more, i know i feel better with each one, especially the full clay baths these days, where as i was enjoying the foot baths more originally.

I like the pure plant vegan MSM - [www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 05:46PM by powerlifer.

Date: March 28, 2012 10:51PM

thanks Powerlifer, I always appreciate your info smiling smiley xx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables