Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Emotional detox experience
Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: March 31, 2012 10:16PM

I was riding high on the road to wellness, feeling better by the day, then smack out of nowhere it hit me!
I didnt recognise it for what it was initially.

I was feeling really happy because i had just opened a letter from the tax office containing a substantial rebate. Within an hour, I was as miserable as could be for no apparent reason. I felt terrible.

Next thing I knew, I was really upset about EVERYTHING!!!!
(N0, for those of you who were wondering.... not PMT!) Ha!

I may have the odd off day, but these sort of feelings are so out of character for me.
Then I remembered that I had experienced these symptoms before. I tracked down some diary enteries for previous raw journies. This seems to occur when ive been high raw for a few months.

I had a good cry, went to bed and didnt wake up for 12 hours! (not bad for someone who pre raw was lucky to get 4 or 5 hours a night!)
Still a little fragile today, but better for the cry, rest and recognising the process.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Emotional detox experience
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 31, 2012 10:56PM

Hey. I haven't experience any negative stuff yet.

How much fat are you eating?

Can you tell if your bad feelings are caused by your thoughts? For example, if you try to stop thinking for 5 seconds, does your mood recover?

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 01, 2012 12:08AM

Interesting

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2012 12:23AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 01, 2012 12:42AM

I was really depressed before I went raw, completely the biggest mess.

Over time (it did take TIME, I can't say for how long), I began to experience moments of peace, clarity, and belongingness that were previously alien to me.

Of course, it didn't last, and it would dive. I went through some insane detox, wild weight fluctuations (just my body running its course), you name it.

But eventually, I felt more of these periods, the lows were less, and... now I'm like a calm, flat line, steady, in a good place, always.

The first six months are the roughest, for body and mind. From there, it does get easier. The longer you do it, the better you feel and the stronger you become.

Cry whenever you need to cry. =)

Also, don't hesitate to find some kind of method or model that helps you examine your feelings and actively work WITH them. Definitely examine the feelings and try to understand them, they are coming from somewhere, and as a whole being, healing your body necessitates healing the mind and spirit.

Good luck!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: April 01, 2012 03:33PM

I can relate.
The moods being all over the place.

Just take it day by day.

But Id rather have mood swings on celery sticks than on Big Macs anyday.

Vinny

Date: April 01, 2012 07:30PM

eaglefly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can relate.
> The moods being all over the place.
>
> Just take it day by day.
>
> But Id rather have mood swings on celery sticks
> than on Big Macs anyday.
>
> Vinny

Mood swings on celery sticks it is then! Ha!

Im not suffering, just observing the process. Im grateful for the opportunity to clear out all of this unecessary clutter. There will be more for sure, so i have decided to make use of it.

Its got me thinking about the relationship between emotions and disease. Its not surprising that cleaning up a diet can lead to emotional detox.

I started to think about where exactly i was feeling this emotion in my physical body and how that was manifesting for me in the physical. Im learning a lot by working with what comes up for me.
I imagine its a form of reconnection and listening to my body again (at last!). Its just a gentle awareness and its sort of comforting and enlightening.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 01, 2012 08:12PM

Vinny,

Id rather have mood swings on celery sticks than on Big Macs anyday

You always crack me up smiling smiley

Fruit Faery,

Keep on keepin' on--your body is telling you you're headed in the right direction!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 01, 2012 08:19PM

Reading Byron Katie's book Loving What Is helped me to detach from a lot of emotions, it was an interesting process to see things from almost an outside perspective. There are of course times when I get high or low but it isn't the same overwhelming experience as in the past. Not at all.
I think that there are certainly physiological factors that have an effect on mood that's outside of our psychological control though and that's something completely different than thinking through our feelings. Food and mood are related, the well cared for body is likely better able to maintain a stable balance of hormones etc facilitating calm as well as giving one the ability to deal with stress factors efficiently.

If you've done mind work to help deal with the mental side of emotions and still find yourself swept away or controlled by them, diet is a great area to address next. There is a level of physical exertion that I believe to be necessary for good mood as well. Eating and sleeping well combined with good exercise can be very helpful in stabilizing emotions.

Date: April 01, 2012 08:38PM

Thanks Tamukha. I intend to keep on keeping on! Im enjoying the process.

Coco, I love Byron Katie. 'Loving what is', helped me work through the loss of my brother. Its a brilliant book. I also agree that sleep and movement aid balance.

I appreciate the opportunity to share what im experiencing with people who understand
Thanks
FFX

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 01, 2012 09:22PM

When i was detoxing heavy metals i was in a constant roller coaster of mixed emotions. Really was horrible and even songs would able to set off horrible sad emotions.

I really believe heavy metals severely effect emotional and nervous system function. So do the by product toxins produced by opportunistic microbes such as candida.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: April 01, 2012 10:15PM

I know its a transient thing, so im not really concerned, more intriqued by the experience.
However, the blocked eustachian tube is driving me nuts! I know thats transient too, but not quite as easy to deal with!
I have fewer patience with physical symptoms! Im off to try another steam clean followed by a neti pot irrigation.
I need to clear the tube to prevent infection as I havnt taken antibiotics for over 20 years, so want to avoid that experience.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 01, 2012 10:26PM

Fruit Faery I am loving your approach to healing and experiencing your emotional detox. It has been my experience that as I progress further in my own healing, that I find old emotions are dredge up and released, and afterwards I feel lighter and there is more love flowing. I personally feel that resistance is futile when it comes to this kind of emotional release, and I see if I can not be attached to it being other than the way it is, though this is tough sometimes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2012 02:28PM by Prana.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 02, 2012 12:42PM

The Fruit Faery Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know its a transient thing, so im not really
> concerned, more intriqued by the experience.
> However, the blocked eustachian tube is driving me
> nuts!

Have you tried swimming ear drops? They are sold in pharmacies and they have natural alcohol.

As for the mood, it could be due to lack of calories in your diet. Your mind will feel bad easier when confronted with heavy thoughts and not enough mental energy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables