Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is there a Link Between Toxicity and ulcers on the Tongue?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 05, 2012 07:47PM

Hiya all,

In the last few months I've been getting a pimple on my tongue. It disappeared, only to reappear in a different spot a week later. This too healed over, though a very discomforting ulcer has taken it's place, again in a different place and it's taking it's time to heal this time. It may not mean anything, but all appeared on the left side.

I always thought that the tongue is the first part of, or at least linked to the digestive system. I remember that when I first decided to progress to a mainly raw alkaline diet, my whole tongue became inflamed and sensitive. I put that down to detox, though I don't understand why this is happening again.

Is it due to a deeper detox, or could it be something in my diet that I'm either becoming allergic to, or that just doesn't agree with me?

Thanks for any suggestions, appreciated.

Cheers, geo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is there a Link Between Toxicity and ulcers on the Tongue?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 05, 2012 10:33PM

I think that's herpes, isn't it? I get that also sometimes. Did you ever have chickenpox? The virus stays in our system and maybe it can appear in the mouth. It's like the STD version, which also has flare-ups. I believe that detox can possibly do it, as well as comprised immune system. Shingles is another manifestation of herpes.

Here's an interesting little thing that happened: the last time I got a blister on my tongue, I drank some young coconut water and it went away that day! Almost instantly, to be quite honest! Very cool, don't you think?

Re: Is there a Link Between Toxicity and ulcers on the Tongue?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 05, 2012 10:39PM

Absolutely cool BW, interesting, but all the shops are closed today (easter Friday), so I'll buy a young coconut tomorrow. So, is it the same as a cold sore? That is 'herpes simplex', though I didn't know you could get it on the tongue. Thx heaps smiling smiley Hmmm, are you related to Dr Who??? winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables