Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do you think my sundried tomatoes are...
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 17, 2012 07:56AM

...genetically modified?

Short of dropping tons of cash to buy an enormous box from a supplier, I don't see any organic ones for sale anywhere. =\

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think my sundried tomatoes are...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 17, 2012 12:56PM

Yes, I'm sorry. Tomatoes, potatoes, corn, soy, wheat, canola, highest GMO crops on the list. They are easy to grow and oven dry or dehydrate though. Sorry if that's not helpful sad smiley.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 17, 2012 01:18PM

Eh, maybe? It depends on where they're from? Good to buy them in season from local family farm stands or grow your own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2012 01:18PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 17, 2012 06:29PM

Do you have a statistic for how frequently tomatoes are GMO? I heard they could be sometimes, like zucchini, but nowhere near the prevalence of corn or canola (more than 90%).

I get regular tomatoes organic, but then it just occurred to me... I'm not in the mood for an untimely sterilization. =\

Can't wait until they LABEL this stuff!! I'll have to find a roadside farmer with boxes of organic tomatoes for cheap to dehydrate... the season is nigh. :O

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 18, 2012 01:11AM

this is an interesting question for me, because I have settled for nonorganic sun-dried tomatoes because the ones at the health food store that are organic have SALT. :/ So I get the sulfured, conventional ones if I want them. :/ Lesser of two evils, I thought....

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: April 19, 2012 05:03PM

one option is to buy organic tomatoes, dehydrate them and make your own. I buy most of my organic tomatoes at Trader Joes.

Paul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables