Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

travel vaccinations???
Posted by: gems ()
Date: May 10, 2012 09:52AM

what are peoples opinions of having vaccination to travel? I am going to south America in October and i really hate the idea of having vaccinations. I have traveled before and have had many jabs in my life.

But now starting raw, and being more aware of what goes into my body, I have been thinking more about the necessity of vaccinations.

What are your views??

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: travel vaccinations???
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 10, 2012 10:59AM

vaccinations are ok with me for travel, only few of us are perfectly healthy and most of us came into raw with some existing health issues. You want to prevent a situation in a foreign country where you have to stay in hospital for days, far more worse than the vaccination you did not take.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 10, 2012 01:14PM

As a precaution--because who knows what sorts of diseases are common where you are going--I don't think it's a problem. HOWEVER, do your work and find out what is in each of the vaccines you are recommended to have, what the effficacy rates are, how necessary they really are, and what the side effects are.

I think the healthier one's diet and lifestyle, the less susceptible one should be to the deleterious effects of medications. On the other hand, malaria, yellow fever, etc. do not care how healthy your lifestyle is, so taking additional precautions is, IMO, prudent. Good luck and happy trails smiling smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 10, 2012 08:44PM

Gems, do I understand you correctly that it is not mandatory to vaccinate to enter other countries? I sure hope not. That would be an imposition on my beliefs.

Date: May 10, 2012 09:40PM

Correction: I meant for travelers to GET vaccinated.

Posted by: RawPlease ()
Date: May 10, 2012 09:55PM

I will not get any vaccinations when I travel. It's better to resist diseases by having good health. Full-disclosure: I don't go to doctors/hospitals either unless it's for something like a broken bone. I think it's better to let the body heal itself, even when it's more painful, than to interfere with the healing process. (Another personal issue I have is a lot of vaccines aren't vegan.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2012 09:58PM by RawPlease.

Date: May 10, 2012 11:41PM

Another thing I don't understand is why people who are health-conscious and so careful to avoid putting unknown things in their bodies would be willing to get shot up with vaxxes? Those diseases like malaria and yellow fever--I wonder if they are commonplace without vaxxes or if we're just been scared to think so.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: May 11, 2012 01:23AM

All Vaccines are a SCAM!!!

Subject: How To Legally Avoid Immunizations in USA
Date: 20:03 Dec 23 2002
“How To Legally Avoid Immunizations”
by Dr. Mercola

Rule No. 7: You may travel wherever you wish in the world without vaccination. The worst that can happen is that in very rare circumstances you may be detained temporarily.
[www.curezone.com]

Peace and Love..........John

Date: May 11, 2012 01:37AM

Thanks for that, John. I will peruse it at my leisure. I thought it was a bit more complicated than simply choosing whether or not to do it. I like Mercola articles!

Posted by: gems ()
Date: May 14, 2012 08:44AM

smiling smiley thanks for all the advice everyone

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 14, 2012 11:35AM

Polio has all but been eradicated from the world - there are only four countries left that suffer with it. Millions of healthy children have been struck down by this terrible disease - I'm sure they would rather have had a vaccine then spend the rest of their lives as a cripple.

I would say check out the potential problems in the countries that you are visiting and take it from there. I think it is extremely naive to believe that nothing will touch you just because you eat raw - or that your body can 'heal' itself.

I also think it is ridiculous to say ALL vaccinations are scams. Some are dreadful and unneccesary but in my opinion some are life savers.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 14, 2012 11:53AM

Right, flipperjan: "Prudence" is the watchword. smiling smiley

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: May 14, 2012 04:04PM

<<<Polio has all but been eradicated from the world - there are only four countries left that suffer with it. Millions of healthy children have been struck down by this terrible disease - I'm sure they would rather have had a vaccine then spend the rest of their lives as a cripple.>>>

Vaccines had NOTHING to do with Eradicating any of those Diseases that are Due to Poor Sanitation or Bad Plumbing, e.g. Polio, Small Pox, Scarlet Fever, Diphtheria, Whooping Cough, Measles, Tuberculosis and Typhoid.

<<<I also think it is ridiculous to say ALL vaccinations are scams. Some are dreadful and unneccesary but in my opinion some are life savers.>>>

If you still believe that any Vaccine has ever worked or will ever work, then you still do Not understand the disease process. All Vaccines are a SCAM - NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

<<<I think it is extremely naive to believe that nothing will touch you just because you eat raw - or that your body can 'heal' itself.>>>

It is even more naïve to believe that Vaccines have anything to do with getting and staying healthy. You’ve been Fooled by friend. You’ve been Tricked. You’ve been Bamboozled! Vaccines are the BIGGEST LIE ever told!!!

Peace and Love………John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables