Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Thoughts on Liquid Vitamins?
Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: May 25, 2012 10:52AM

Well, as a long time vegan/raw fooder, I may be having a change of mind on this. I used to be a staunch supporter of "no supplementation", but with more & more coming out about how the earth is so devoid of minerals, etc. and our foods are lacking so much of the nutrition it once had, I am thinking I need to change my position on this.

In doing research, I see a lot of talk about liquid vitamins/minerals being superior to the pills in regards to subligual absorption, pills not being broken down at the right stages in the body, being filtered out by the liver & so forth.

I am considering the Natural Vitality Liquid Organic Life brand. Another very popular one I hear about a lot is the Youngevity line of supplements.

Friends of mine are into that Market America stuff & a lot of people I know swear by it. I'm not sure of the organic/other quality of that particular brand, however.

What are your thoughts on all of this? Comments? Suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2012 10:59AM by veganjuice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thoughts on Liquid Vitamins?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: May 25, 2012 11:40AM

Im not fond of liquid vitamin formulas for the reason that they don't tend to be very stable at all.

If not then they tend to contain un-necessary preservatives which aren't needed in a normal capsulated formula.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: May 25, 2012 11:46AM

What i forgot to add was that many vitamins are water soluble thus not stable in a liquid/water formula so yeah they are largely worthless and were the rage a few years ago largely due to MLM companies.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: May 25, 2012 11:46AM

Hi powerlifer,

I understand that about the liquids. It seems to me that pills would have similar downsides, such as binders and such.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2012 11:47AM by veganjuice.

Date: May 25, 2012 11:48AM

veganjuice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi powerlifer,
>
> Stable in what regard? In going bad, or out of
> date? Preservatives aren't present in pills? Even
> if they are vegan *natural pills, I would think
> they would have a tendency to be unstable as well.

Hey veganjuice,

I just posted another response above as you had just posted. There are preservatives in many multi-vitamin/mineral pills also, just that there tends to be more in liquid formulas like i say above many vitamins are not stable in the presence of water.

The preservative is not really the issue here though its more the fact that liquid vitamins are largely worthless due to how un-stable they are.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2012 11:50AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: May 25, 2012 01:56PM

I've taken this liquid supplement on and off - not sure how it affected my health -

Floravital Iron & Herbs

[www.mynaturalmarket.com]

I always check the 'other ingredients' in any supplements. I avoid magnesium stearate, citric acid, ascorbic acid, rice bran, to name a few.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: May 25, 2012 06:29PM

I thought I would name a couple of good vitamin company's for ya. Garden of Life, Rainbowlight, New Chapter. These are a few of the top highest quality vitamins on the market. Wheatgrass is the best in the sense that if you juice it fresh although you don't get the quantity of some nutrients you need. Another incredible product I know of I thought I would mention is Aloe1, it is a freshly frozen aloe product made here in FL. It is made with an aloe plant that has been proven to cure cancer. The founder was a scientist of some kind and studied aloe until he found one that had the best nutritional profile. I met him and have been to his house but he died a few years back. They used to post the results of the aloe on cancer patients through thier doctors and every time it reversed cancer. Aloe has more oxygen in it than any other plant on the planet and the quanity taken was eight ounces 3x a day, wow. It is full of all kinds of minerals and b-vitamins, incredible. I don't think they are allowed to list the nutrients in it though. I have not been to the website in a long time so you can do a search if you like just for fun. I know this is not the info you were asking for but I love all natural stuff like this. They do ship it frozen but it is expensive. I used to go to his house and buy the leaves, wow they were huge. You could fillet them like a big fish and slurp it down. Wow you could feel all the oxygen and what-not lifting up your body. Or put in a blender and make a nice refreshing drink. I wish I could grow some of this at my house. Here's the link.
[www.aloe1.com]

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: May 25, 2012 06:35PM

Hey Chris,

You may not have read this...

[www.naturalnews.com]
New Chapter sells out to Procter & Gamble, part of the global corporate elite
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
Editor of NaturalNews.com

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 25, 2012 07:49PM

I'm a firm believer in the Joel Fuhrman view of supplements, less is more. Get as much as you can from whole foods, and maybe have some blood tests done to confirm you are ok. Get a supplement that is folic acid free, Vitamin A free, iron free...[www.drfuhrman.com]

There are certainly other options at a lower cost, [www.veganstore.com] I gave up on that formula because of the folic acid. It's funny how often the whole food form is safe and the supplement is dangerous. I never would have figured it that way. Yet...

Paul

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 25, 2012 07:50PM

it may be as easy as Vitamin B-12, Vitamin D and do a blood check .

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: May 26, 2012 06:10PM

John Rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Chris,
>
> You may not have read this...
>
> [www.naturalnews.com]
> tor_and_Gamble_Monsanto.html
> New Chapter sells out to Procter & Gamble, part of
> the global corporate elite
> Wednesday, March 21, 2012
> by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
> Editor of NaturalNews.com
>
> Peace and Love..........John

That's to bad?
I think the government is making it so hard for these people to make a product and sell at resonable prices.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables