Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

80-10-10 and Acne. Does it go away?
Posted by: clank72 ()
Date: May 28, 2012 04:03PM

I've been on high fruit for almost 2 months now and I've noticed lots of little bumps on my forehead and my back itches and also has little acne bumps. These are not puss pimples or anything, just little bumps. Mostly noticeable when I get out of the shower.

Last time I saw something like this I was eating dairy which I am strongly allergic to.

Besides this I like the lifestyle. I eat bananas, oranges, dates, greens etc.

Anyone know what is going on?

-Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 80-10-10 and Acne. Does it go away?
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: May 28, 2012 10:20PM

If this doesn't clear up a two weeks or so, you might see if you are allergic to any of the foods you are eating. If you get really bad acne, it could be you don't react well to fructose. But this could all just be detox, and it may just go away by itself.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 28, 2012 11:10PM

Mark,

An excess of Vitamin C from citrus can cause acne; I have experienced this myself and consulted with a dermatologist who asked how many oranges I was eating--he knew I looooove oranges--and said to cut back when I admitted to pounds and pounds a week. My skin shortly cleared right up. This was when I was cooked vegan, mind you, and today, high Vit C doesn't cause this symptom, so maybe give it some time?

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: May 28, 2012 11:48PM

As others highlighted, it could be temporary. Some people develop acne on low-fat high-fruit diet. So respond to the signals of YOUR body.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables