Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nuts and vegetables are grounding?
Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: June 02, 2012 02:51PM

I hear people say this often but really I have no idea what they're talking about.

It sounds like hogwash to me. If people are finding fruit "ungrounding" then they probably are having blood sugar swings or haven't allowed their body a proper detoxification. IMO

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nuts and vegetables are grounding?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 04, 2012 04:58AM

My question is how does a raw vegan get enough calories to maintain weight/movement without eating nuts?
[beyondveg.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2012 04:59AM by ExperimentsWithTruth.

Re: Nuts and vegetables are grounding?
Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 04, 2012 06:50AM

ExperimentsWithTruth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My question is how does a raw vegan get enough
> calories to maintain weight/movement without
> eating nuts?
> [beyondveg.com]
> radox1c.shtml#main%20table

By eating other vegan foods? (Surprise!) other vegan foods contain calories too.

"Enough" - is such a relative term when applied to calories, that it is virtually useless. The amount of calories a person might need depends on so many things, their body structure, their weight, their body fat percentage, rate of their metabolism, the amount of energy they spend, their lifestyle. Now add to it different theories, some people believe in calorie restriction, others believe in the opposite.

My 'enough' can be obtained from vegan foods with no problems. I eat tiny bit of nuts (like 4 walnut halfs for example) about 2-3 times a week, the rest is veggies and fruits (every day), buckwheat and lentils (about 1-2 times a week) and chlorella (every day). I also eat seeds (sesame, flax, pumpkin, and sunflower) not more than 1tbsp a day total, and not every day. I eat 3 small meals a day, with about 3 fruit snacks if I feel hungry inbeteeen meals (normally no more than 3 snack fruits per day). My 'enough' is 1200 calories.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables