Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

B12
Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 17, 2006 02:15AM

Hello
Can anyone who takes B12 supplements recommend a good one for me? I feel off lately-not physically so much but emotionally for no reason and I think it maybe a good idea to make sure I`m getting B12 whether that is the underlying reason or not!
Thanks.
Cheers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: B12
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 17, 2006 03:09AM

Try nutritional yeasts. [www.veganessentials.com]

Date: July 17, 2006 03:50AM

Mine is from Pure Encapsulations. I take it maybe once every two weeks. smiling smiley

Date: July 17, 2006 03:51AM

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: July 21, 2006 01:16AM

HI Vegangoddess,

Sorry I'm posting this so late, but just yesterday I switched my B12 supplement from the cyanocobalamin (which is the source for most of the B12 supplements) to the methylcobalamin B12. The methyl form absorbs better (so you don't need to take as much), and it doesn't have the added CYANIDE included in the cyanocobalamin. Apparently our bodies use a tiny bit of cyanide from natural sources of fruits and vegetables, but why add to that?!

I got Jarrow Formulas Methyl B12 (1000 mcg/dose, take 1 tablet every 2 or 3 days). If you go for the nutritional yeast, you might consider trying to check to see if the B12 source is cyanocobalamin or methylcobalamin.

Best wishes, -Ally

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 21, 2006 02:57AM

Thanks Ally-I will check that out smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables