Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best oils?
Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: June 14, 2012 11:21AM

What is the best type of oil to use on salads? should they be raw? organic? what are your thoughts/preferrences on this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best oils?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 14, 2012 12:44PM

Hi, WanderRA,

Cold stone pressed extra virgin olive oil or hempseed oil. Organic is always best when consuming something concentrated, IMO.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 14, 2012 01:26PM

agree with Tamara, and maybe flax seed oil, esp if you make your own, just for salads though not for cooking. On organic, for oils absolutely.

May want to try walnut oil also. Best.

Paul

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: June 14, 2012 01:42PM

Cool thanks, how long should a bottle of olive oil keep once I open it? Should I store it in the fridge? How many tablespoons of oil would you use on 1 salad? (on average)

I read one tbsp of oil has 120 kcals, thats an extremely robust source of calories right there. And fat is something I struggle with. Gonna pick some up tommorow grinning smiley

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 14, 2012 02:46PM

one tablespoon of oil per day, no more. use vinegars and fruit or nuts in a blender to make your own or at least a balsamic vingegar. Best.

Paul

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: June 18, 2012 11:19AM

none. stick with the fats already in the foods. Coverts that is more than enough. and minimize Overts (nuts/seeds avocado coconut(meat))

DEF avoid acetic acid "Vinegar prevents the digestion of foods, so a food filled with vinegar and other similar byproducts would seem to be indigestible"

"Vinegar, however, disrupts the digestion, kills healthy blood cells, and irritates all the membranes. Pickles and other foods which have been soaked in vinegar are rendered totally indigestible. Many times the digestive juices cannot penetrate and break down the food preserved by vinegar, and so the fermented food passes through the system just as it was swallowed."

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 20, 2012 03:52AM

diogenez

what about braggs vinegar

it has "the mother"

touted as good for u

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables