Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Thank you raw foodists!
Posted by: pomagranate ()
Date: June 30, 2012 02:02PM

Hi folks. I was heavily involved in the raw food movement in the 90s but fell off the wagon when I remarried and had to prepare meals for hubbie and 2 adolescent males. The boys are grown up and hubby and I are raising a German Shephard on our beach property with fruit trees. But I got bored and started watching food network and went back to making gourmet cooked meals.

Sometimes during this last decade I would try to go back on raw. I would eat mostly raw for a while and then forget about it. The last two or three years I found that taking great enzymes allowed me to think I was cheating the system but my body knew better.

A couple of months ago I found I could not swallow nearly any food. I started home colonics, thinking that pressure on my esophagus would be relieved but I had to re-think my whole plan. At that time I received a large package of baking supplies since I had channeled my love of food prep into making people "happy" with sweet treats.

I immediately began eating all raw again. Barely able to even swallow a smoothie or keep it down for a while I started to feel that raw food high again. Oh, how I have missed it! The laughter, the simple joy of watching an ant crawl across a blade of grass. The taste of fruit and a new real sweet treat, green smoothies.

My Excalibur dehydrator is out and clean and ready for me to make some of Igor Boutenko's raw bread. I always needed something heavier at times to stay raw in the past and I pulled out all my old raw food books, even the now controversial ones, and have been devouring them, in between planting new flowers in my garden, taking warm baths with himalayan salt and essential oils, and laying in the grass to look up at the trees and breath deep.

I have been reading many of your posts and I am so proud of those of you who have kept this movement alive with your encouragement and good advice. So strong was my faith in raw foods to heal that although I took a short trip to an emergency room when I couldn't hold down food anymore (could it be any more obvious how smart our bodies are?) I did not take the medication prescribed for more than a day.

You helped me get back on track again. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thank you raw foodists!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 30, 2012 06:30PM

Good for you! Good lucksmiling smiley

By the way, how is Igor's bread recipe? You've made it before, I take it? I have their "12 Steps" book and I think it's in there. Man, I want a dehydrator!

Date: June 30, 2012 09:13PM

Igor's bread is so good. At one of their seminars they had some leftover and I took a whole bag home. When I made it I didn't do as well but the memory of their "Russian pumpernickel" flavored raw bread is my best raw gourmet memory, and that is saying a lot.

When I was spending time with raw gurus there were some amazing meals at fun events. Raw sushi, lasagna, desserts, you name it. But at heart I reslly love simple raw food like salads, smoothies, juices and soups. I only eat dehydeated food when craving a cooked meal. So having what felt and tasted like real bread (one of the most dangerous temptations for rawists) was a treat.

I plan to try their recipe out again and not give up until I come close to Igor's.

Speaking of recipes I tried making tahini dressing yesterday and it was awful. I kept adding more of this and that (agave, lemon juice, cayenne, nama shoyu, sea salt) but it just made it worse. My green smoothie this morning was a hundred times better tasting but of course I can't put a GS on a salad!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 30, 2012 09:58PM

pomagranate

<<The laughter, the simple joy of watching an ant crawl across a blade of grass. The taste of fruit and a new real sweet treat, green smoothies.>>

tee hee
ain't that something?
enjoying an ant crawl across a blade of grass?

its true
when your inner vessel is very clear and filled with live vibrations
it really is like changing the lense of your viewing apparatus
and seeing things differently

like ... the screen gets bigger
the resolution gets clearer
the details and colors seem more astounding

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 01, 2012 11:58AM

pomagranate,

Welcome back, and speedy healing to you!

Date: July 01, 2012 03:23PM

I am feeling much better thank you. Still weak though. This morning I did the Tibetan Rejuvination Rites exercises. They got some more oxygen in me I can tell. While I was having digestion issues it became very clear that breathing and digestion are very closely linked. It was a happy day when I finally burped because that meant my system was beginning to work right again.

Arnold Ehret made a strong claim that oxygen is what fuels the heart not food, and that cooked food clogs the bloodstream as well as the tissues which leads to a lower oxygen level and hinder's the body's ability to acquire and utilize oxygen. Science has since proven that where cells are being deprived of oxygen they become vulnerable to attack, can mutate or die leading to disease conditions.

When I first became acutely ill I googled around looking for information on which order mucous fills up does it start in the lungs and move into the sinuses or vice versa because my sinuses have been clogged ever since going off a high raw diet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2012 03:25PM by pomagranate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables