Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Phenomenal experiences on raw
Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: July 14, 2012 06:05AM

After being 100% raw for a year or so, I picked up a "bug" and was running a fever of 103.6 F. but I really felt quite alright, I still felt energetic, no real loss of energy - just a little chilled. I got a phone call from work asking if I could come to work a night shift; they couldn't find anyone to fill the shift. (I'm an RN). I told them I actually was sick, that I had a fever of 103.6 F. but really felt fine and could come in if they wanted me to. I promised to keep my distance from everyone. They were desperate and agreed.

I worked all night at the desk and it was busy. In the morning, I asked them if I appeared to be ill. They said I didn't. I got a thermometer and showed them my temperature. Sure enough,103.6 F. They couldn't believe it. Of course they all knew I had been eating exclusively raw for a long time. I loved it. It defied everything they believe about "normal".

Some people have been cured of "incurable diseases". I'd like to hear about what norm-defying experiences you have had eating raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phenomenal experiences on raw
Posted by: chat ()
Date: July 14, 2012 08:43AM

I think there is the whole section of them, the "success stories"!

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 14, 2012 01:30PM

That's fascinating--you are like a raw ambassador to the Kingdom of Conventional Medicine, LOL!

Posted by: SkyFeather ~ ()
Date: July 14, 2012 02:39PM

That's great! I hope I will be able to make it to 100% Right now I am on 50-70%.

Date: July 15, 2012 03:30AM

Thanks chat. I didn't realize "success stories" is the place to be. I'm new to this discussion board after being away for several years and there are some new things. I don't see a way to move it there now. So be it.

Tamukha, there ARE some ambassadors out there. Interestingly enough, doctors tend to look at me with skepticism but nurses drink it up. They often feel there is something amiss in our western model of health. I've been instrumental in bringing several of them on board over the years. Raw is creating a phenomena in health that cannot be ignored.

I once went to a lecture by Victoria Boutenko and when I was leaving, I met a couple interesting guys who told me they were MDs!! I said "you're members of a very small group". They said, "we know".

To me, raw is the new wave in health. The internet has done soooooooooo much to get the word out. When I first did raw in 1997, I didn't know anyone else who ate raw. I wondered if there was someone else out there into this stuff. www.living-foods.com was the first website I found. There were very few websites devoted to raw way back in the day. God bless John Kohler, a true pioneer.

THe St0rm, 103.6F IS a high temp. I once had a fever of 103.2 F and I couldn't even stand up but I was eating a SAD but vegetarian diet. My experience with a high fever on raw spoke volumes to me about the extraordinary ability of a raw diet in fortifying health.

Keep on truckin' SkyFeather! It's a worthwhile goal and there ain't no rawfood police out there so it's all good.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 15, 2012 07:06AM

hi raw4ever

i e njoyed reading ur story
thanx
i also am glad u kept it on this main forum
because the success forum is not as highly trafficked

Date: July 15, 2012 10:18AM

Raw4ever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keep on truckin' SkyFeather! It's a worthwhile
> goal and there ain't no rawfood police out there
> so it's all good.

Thank you Raw4ever! The only things that stop me is the sugar and bread addiction (not strong but still exists). Also to be informed how I can obtain more efficiently calcium and B12 maintaining a 100% vegan raw food diet.

Date: July 15, 2012 11:00AM

SkyFeather, I had bad sugar cravings but I found eating dates answered that well for me. It's no longer an issue but it used to be.

As for calcium, I eat lots of greens. I also have an Omega 8005 juicer that I use to juice greens for a concentrated shot of green juice. (The 8005 is the 8004 model in stainless steel.) They are available on this website and as far as I can tell, they are cheaper here than anywhere else.

As for the bread thing, I use to make a flax cracker in my dehydrator that got me past the craving for bread.

Date: July 15, 2012 11:11AM

Yes Raw4ever and the most crazy thing is, I know and I have realized how bad sugar is for my overall health, but it's such a sweet and sneaky assassin.
I have bought dates, the big ones (think they called 'royal dates' or something). But I have bought also chocolate cookies (full of sugar) sad smiley

Thanks about the blender but already have one, plus I live in the Netherlands smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables