Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bloated after Smoothies, Please HELP!!!!
Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: July 17, 2012 11:30AM

It is me again, so if you are even bloated after smoothies, should one stop drinking them or what???? or switch fruits????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bloated after Smoothies, Please HELP!!!!
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 17, 2012 12:01PM

You get bloated because of your flora. Flora is the bacteria on your GI track. If the flora gets big, every time you eat fruits, etc, you get tons of gas and the flora gets bigger and bigger (not good). So my advice is to work on bringing down the flora. I know of two ways to accomplish this.

First way. This is the most shocking one. You would do a hydro therapy (colonics using a colonics board) to wash down the flora. All bacteria comes out and then you supplement with probiotics resetting all the flora. This is the fastest way and luckily this was the route I took when I started. Yeah, bloating can be such a deal that can make people change their diet. It is all about the flora.

Second way. You would supplement with food that brings down the flora. The strongest one is Lugol's solution 2% (iodine). I think another one is coconut oil, garlic, onions?. Anyway, search for food that has antibacterial properties.

Good luck.

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: July 17, 2012 12:27PM

Thank you.. I will advise my friend, I would hate for her to get discouraged. sad smiley((((

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: July 17, 2012 12:57PM

Yeah initially i would discard any food that is problematic and causing bloating, this would just further weaken digestion.

Increasing stomach acid would be a good idea, if you want to keep drinking the smoothies you can try 1 tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar during which will help increase HCL. Bitter herbs on the back of the tongue will also help stimulate the vagus nerve which then stimulates the release of stomach acid, pancreatic digestive enzymes and bile. Which should improve your digestion.

Panchito's recommendation of improving the balance of gut flora is also a good one. Fermented foods and prebiotic fibers are your friend.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables