Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Parsley.....Juice it? Blend it? or just Eat it?
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: July 16, 2012 04:28AM

There are certain Zen Masters who can take any side of a debate, and convince you that you are wrong....no matter what side you take.
When it comes to Parsley....How do you take it, or think you would take it if you aren't now? If you said..."just Eat it", that can't be right, because no one can chew it efficiently enough to extract the nutrients. That leaves Juice it or Blend it.
I'm thinking about adding fresh Parsley to my diet......WY
P.S. Here's what "The Great Masticator" said.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parsley.....Juice it? Blend it? or just Eat it?
Posted by: chat ()
Date: July 16, 2012 06:40AM

I shred it in the food processor in tiny little pieces, and then eat it. Don't know if its efficient enoughsmiling smiley

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: July 16, 2012 07:21AM

Well, I have been eating it but I am going to juice it because, at the moment, I have so much of it growing.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 16, 2012 07:26AM

Sorry... another vote for eating. Tabbouleh is mostly parsley. So it's not uncommon for people to eat lots of it raw.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 16, 2012 11:34AM

Eat and juice. Neener-neener! smiling smiley

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 16, 2012 03:12PM

I juice a handful every day,and eat it here and there as I am washing and bagging it.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: July 16, 2012 05:26PM

i use it in smoothies off and on all the time! i juice it if i am juicing but i generally smoothie all the time! provides all the yummy fiber, and tons of free nutrients. Always add a vitamin c source to help amp up the iron absorption!

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: July 16, 2012 07:26PM

Great advice rawlion, as you can almost taste the iron in it. Also, parsley has a k more nutrients than any other leafy veg...or so I've read. I chop it fine and add to my veg salad, but not too much as it's a strong tasting veg.

Posted by: SkyFeather ~ ()
Date: July 16, 2012 08:00PM

Sometimes I chop it fine and add it to my salad, other times I put it in the blender to add at the smoothie taste and some other times (not often) I eat a couple of leaves raw to feel my breath and mouth cleaner.

Thanks for the link. I would never imagine that mastication had to do with the increase of strength. Great points also that the more one masticates the less food needs to consume. Very interesting, thanks again for sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 08:00PM by SkyFeather ~.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: July 16, 2012 08:04PM

Parsey is a herb and should be used in small amounts as so, it really doesn't matter how you use it. In its full form would be the most optimal of course.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: July 16, 2012 10:30PM

Yes, an interesting article which most people of today would do well to practise, esp the chewing.

Date: July 21, 2012 05:16AM

So I ran the parsley through the Omega juicer and wow! If the FDA finds out how good this is, it'll be illegal. Very tasty, a bit of a bite and I suspect addicting. Kind of a gloppy consistency. Way good. I wonder what the alkaloid is.

Date: July 21, 2012 06:32PM

Raw4ever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I ran the parsley through the Omega juicer and wow!

What model of Omega do you use?
I've found that the soft fibers of Parsley make it better for Blending over Juicing. Wheatgrass, however, is better for Juicing.
We've seen above that 'just eating' Parsley is the worse way to take it, because no one takes time to properly chew their food.
So there you have it. Blending is Best, followed by Juicing and Just Eating......WY

Date: July 21, 2012 07:53PM

WY, why blending is better than juicing?

I'm food processing mine until they are very small bits (sort of to resemble chewing), so I guess it's similar to blending.

Date: July 21, 2012 10:45PM

It's an Omega 8004. There was a ton of refuse and in comparison, just a little juice but one of my plants bolted in the heat so I decided to turn it into juice. The flavor was awesome.

Let me ask you a question, WY. I'm thinking of freezing green juices so I have them when winter comes. Is that advisable?

Date: July 22, 2012 12:06AM

Raw4ever Wrote:
> ....... I'm thinking of freezing green juices so I have them when winter
comes. Is that advisable?

I've tried frozen Wheatgrass Juice. It's better than nothing, but not much. Measuring the Sugar with a Brix meter (Refractometer) (see the link) shows frozen to be a 1, whereas fresh Wheatgrass Juice measures over 10 (if memory serves me). The flavor is pretty much gone too with the frozen......WY

[www.amazon.com]

Date: July 22, 2012 05:24PM

Thanks WY for the input on freezing. That pretty much answers it for me...better than nothing but not much.

Wow! That refractometer is one cool looking device. It looks like you should be able to play a tune on it. I've never heard of such a thing before. Hmmm.

Date: July 22, 2012 10:27PM

Raw4ever Wrote:
> Wow! That refractometer is one cool looking device.

I have a digital model. It will measure the Fructose level of most any liquid. It is interesting to compare organic and non-organic Fruit. The Brix reading for organic is always higher.
I bought it for measuring my Wheatgrass Juice......WY

Date: July 23, 2012 03:54AM

Haha never thought of using refractometer to determine quality of my veggies - I use it to determine salinity in my fish tank! A new thing to try, hmmmsmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables