Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hip bursitis
Posted by: jimtoo ()
Date: July 28, 2012 11:03PM

I've had a flare up of hip bursitis for the first time since, well, I last consisted on nothing but raw foods. Doing a search on hip bursitis and raw foods, I've found many who claim to have cured their bursitis through raw foods, but the opposite seems to happen to me. Maybe, I wonder, because it's happening while I'm doing a detox. When I had it in the past, I can't remember if it was associated with this same detox that I did or not, but I suspect it was. This detox is pretty intense, with lots of green juices and enemas and various other products (enzymes, clay/psyllium, kamut, wheat grass, spirulina, chlorophyll implants, chlorella tablets, rejuvelac, etc). I'm only half way through it, but this has stopped me in my tracks. It seems obvious I should cease and desist on the detox, even though, besides the bursitis, I'm starting to feel really clean, inside and out. Maybe I'm cleaning out a few vital molecules, structural elements, organs, brain cells, and other debris as well...smiling smiley

Anyone have any ideas, can these products or the lovely enemas be causing this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hip bursitis
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 28, 2012 11:33PM

Sounds like you're Retracing...
[www.drbass.com]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: July 29, 2012 12:04AM

If you're eating Citrus Fruit (lemons) or Tomatoes, it could be an allergy to citrus or Nightshades. Also, my husband thinks he started getting arthritis - for which he now takes glucosamine - when he started drinking a lot of wheatgrass juice.

Posted by: jimtoo ()
Date: July 29, 2012 12:47PM

No citrus, few tomatoes, and just started wheatgrass. Don't know about retracing. Hard to decide if I should plow ahead to see if I can get to the other side, or if I should ease off this detox.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 29, 2012 02:34PM

jimtoo,

Agree with KidRaw that it could be a sensitivity to nightshades; your symptoms comport. However, the only way to find out whether it's that or Retracing is to follow through as long as you can and see what happens. Good luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables