Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Harmless Harvest 100% Raw Coconut Water
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: May 27, 2012 04:43AM

Interesting product. It's not heated but it doesn't say it's not pasteurized. Do you agree with what they say about pink coconut water?

[harmlesscoconut.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Harmless Harvest 100% Raw Coconut Water
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: May 27, 2012 03:04PM

there is a new wave of products that use high pressure treatment to keep them sanitary for packaging. This preserves the enzymes but enables them to go into bottles as long as they stay refigerated the entire time. The pink water is the best!!!
evolution has some juices also that are like this. orange juice, grapefruit,some veggie blends. and genesis juice also uses pressure treatment.
they are yummy and don't make me feel like it is cooked or anything. i think they are cool, but don't replace the frshness of squeezing the orange yourself.....but in a pinch, they are awesome! the coconut water is so yummy and better yet it is organic!!! while only non organic coconuts are available here !!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 27, 2012 07:17PM

rufio,

Pasteurization requires heat, so this is prolly as close to raw as possible for a commercial product. Odd that it's allowed in the States; up to now, nothing like this has been. Gonna look for it locally!

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: May 28, 2012 05:55AM

I tried a bottle today! All of the bottles had pink water so that's what I had to get. It was very tasty though. I would say equivalent to a perfect young thai coconut that's sold in stores. The water was SWEEEEET and smelled amazing out of the bottle. I paid $3 for an 8 oz. bottle. I think it's a good deal if you're not thirsty and just want a nice refreshment. (They sell some weird "health" drinks at Whole Foods these days btw)

Color me pink/impressed. Now I know not to throw away coconuts with pink water without giving a taste first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2012 05:57AM by rufio.

Posted by: HarmlessHarvest ()
Date: May 29, 2012 01:52PM

Glad so many of you are enjoying our coconut water! PINK is specific to our product and very different than a freshly cracked coconut which is pink inside. All of our coconut water is absolutely clear when bottled. Learn more here: [www.harmlesscoconut.com]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 29, 2012 04:33PM

HarmlessHarvest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Glad so many of you are enjoying our coconut
> water! PINK is specific to our product and very
> different than a freshly cracked coconut which is
> pink inside. All of our coconut water is
> absolutely clear when bottled. Learn more here:
> [www.harmlesscoconut.com]
> nk.html

I would still like to know HOW you are able to package this. Is is 100% RAW? What is your method? I looked at your info and saw a quick mention of "flash pasteurization"--is this how you do it? Then it would not technically be raw but might taste as if it is. I think Naked Juice flashes their products but they certainly are not raw.
I have seen fresh coconut water at the store but of course, the price is steep versus cracking one open yourself (plus, you get the meat!)

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: May 30, 2012 02:53PM

i will say this again! They use high pressure treatment to sanitize the water. Just as evolution and genesis juices does. No heat involved EVER! Enzymes are intact. 100% raw. Pressure kills bacteria, but since its fresh food it must be refrigerated the entire time or it can go bad.

PRESSURE TREATED !!! NOT HEATED !!!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 30, 2012 04:05PM

Rawlion, isn't killing bateria the same as rendering the liquid sterile? For instance, Twinkies never go bad because nothing can derive life from them. Even bacteria have nothing to feed upon!

I wonder if this is the same process as for these almonds. I am tempted to buy them and the producer claims they sprout: [www.amazon.com]

Posted by: rawveg ()
Date: July 26, 2012 12:16AM

I been drinking/eating whole coconut for many years and the pink color from my experience is the first sign of coconut going bad. pink color still drinkable if refrigerate without coconut meat; but if left with coconut meat, pink water will become purple then turn into black coconut water and you definitely don't want to drink that.

My experience also tell me harmless harvest is not 100% coconut water/juice. My 16oz harmless harvest coconut water bottle taste test tell me they added drinking water and also the lack of coconut natural aroma are not comparable to a whole coconut which explain not 100% coconut water.

just my 2ΒΆ

Posted by: rawveg ()
Date: July 26, 2012 12:42AM

by the way, a search on harmless harvest show wooper looper inc. dba as harmless harvest and they import from south america. bottle label show is product of thailand.

[www.importgenius.com]

Posted by: HarmlessHarvest ()
Date: July 26, 2012 01:33PM

The PINK color variation is specific to our coconut water. It's true that in freshly cracked coconuts, pink color is a sign that the sterile environment of a coconut has been compromised by oxygen which can be a precursor to spoilage.

Our coconut water is COMPLETELY CLEAR when it is bottled. It is only after using our high pressure system (NO HEAT!) that bottles containing the highest amount of phenols spontaneously turn PINK. The PINK bottles taste just as delicious as the others, and we love that they show we don't add anything to cover up this natural color variation.

Our coconuts water is bottled shortly after harvesting from agroforestry in Thailand. Learn more at harmlesscoconut.com

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 03, 2012 12:18AM

I love the product! its expensive, but I am addicted. I found that its more hydrating than regular water. also easier than cutting open a young coconut.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables