Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dark Circles under my eyes
Posted by: ShineON ()
Date: July 17, 2006 06:25PM

Hey all,

Been raw for almost 1 month now. I'm getting good sleep, however I keep getting pretty bad dark circles under my eyes.. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it a sign of some kind of deficiency?

Peace,

Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dark Circles under my eyes
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 17, 2006 10:57PM

Two viable candidate reasons (no, nothing to do with deficiency though):
* salt
* detox.
(from mine and other people's experience)

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: July 18, 2006 06:47PM

I thought it could have been you aren't getting enough sodium in your diet to balance out your foods. (Especially to balance out fruit because they have a lot of potassium in them.) I also think you can get dark circles with excessive salt also. It is all a matter of balance. Hope this helps.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 18, 2006 07:13PM

Dark circles under the eyes can be a sign of many things. A possiblity is Vitamin K deficieny.

Putting cucumbers on your eyes is "supposed" to get rid of dark circles (I think this is a myth). However the basis of it, that cucumbers are a good source of Vitamin K is true.

1 whole cucumber (peeled) has about 25% DV (20.2 mcg) of Vitamin K. There is a litle bit more Vitamin K in the peel. To make an unpeeled cucumber easier to eat, it's best to run over the feel several times with a fork to soften it. I can't think of any other good sources for Vitamin K off hand, but there definately are some.

However, as I said the dark circles under your eyes could be due to a lot of things.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 18, 2006 09:38PM

Mung bean sprouts (available at a lot of grocery stores) are also very high in Vitamin K.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables