Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw coffee beans supplement weight loss
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: August 11, 2012 12:49PM

Hey, a new trick for people looking to be thinner:

[www.webmd.com]

You have to use a high speed blender. The key element is the chlorogenic acid of the beans. You can also get chlorogenic acid if you do light roasts (acidic-bright coffee)

I've seen it sold in pills but you could make your own easy and much cheaper. I have tons of raw coffee beans from all over the world (I roast coffee) but I don't need to be thiner so I probably won't try it. It may be good for raw gourmet people (if bigger than normal).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw coffee beans supplement weight loss
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 11, 2012 02:19PM

I was at the checkout at the health food store yesterday, and there was a samll display of green coffee bean pills at the checkout. I just thought, "Oh, Dr. Oz, you rascal you!"

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 12, 2012 11:36PM

THeSt0rm,

There's a reason why yerba mate is always processed with smoking. Consider: no one in Argentina consumes the leaves raw. It's an acquired taste in its heat-treated form--I cannot imagine how ghastly it is raw, LOL!

I'm sorry to admit that I have a serious problem with this "everything can be eaten raw" idea.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: August 13, 2012 12:55PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've not seen actual real raw coffee, just "green"
> coffee which I think is processed in some way
> before putting them in the pills. I think Steaming
> or boiling, not sure, but to make an extract of it
> would make it unraw. At laest, with the processing
> that is used.

Green coffee is not heated except when dried (after pulping). There are several types of drying methods but the hardest is when directly heated by the sun or in closed green houses (fastest). The fastest the worst. It usually never goes over 118F, so green coffee is officially "raw food" (except decaf coffee which is truly processed). But it is not 100% healthy food depending on who you ask and who you are.

To make your own green coffee supplement you would need a powerful blender (not a coffee grinder).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2012 01:04PM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables