Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Berger's Disease (IGAN or IgA Nephropathy ) and Raw Foods
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 20, 2012 08:38AM

[www.igansupport.org]

My friends kid (27 years old) has been diagnosied with this and is being encouraged by his physicians to adopt a vegetarian / vegan diet

im assuming as he has to keep his protein limited to under 3oz a day , no salt, no processed foods ... im guessing nuts and seeds would be outof the question? or if their sprouted would be better?

feel really sorry for this kid its a really tough disease/sydrome , personally i think a 80/10/10 raw foods diet would be good for him .. but hes coming from a saddest of sad sad diets .. (always fast foods, always processed crap, smoking , drugs alcohol etc.)

any suggestions appreciated smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2012 08:39AM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Berger's Disease (IGAN or IgA Nephropathy ) and Raw Foods
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 12, 2012 08:42AM

really no thougths on this? smiling smiley *suprised @ 226 views and no response* this syndrome or disease or whatever it is like the cumulation of SAD GONE WILD

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2012 08:44AM by Jgunn.

Re: Berger's Disease (IGAN or IgA Nephropathy ) and Raw Foods
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 12, 2012 01:00PM

Jodi, it could be because we're stumped--I know I am! How's the fellow doing?

I am assuming a high fruit diet would help, because of the many anti-inflammatory compounds, and because he must watch his sodium intake. Nuts and seeds are mostly fat by volume, so unsprouted, I think, would be best. I don't understand how they conclude that low protein is essential, although certainly eliminating animal protein is wise, and a "Duh" for all of us. It seems that the cause is an immune insult, and this should be dealt with first[I am not one of those vehement anti-vax people, but maybe avoiding the jab for the time being would be prudent?].

If he's coming from the saddest of SAD diets, even a marginal change, say, eliminating animal protein and gluten, would likely result in some relief almost immediately.

I'm sorry I cannot be of more use to you, Jodi. This disorder is truly idiopathic, and it's shooting in the dark to figure out how to handle it. A vegetarian regimen certainly can't hurt, and that's the good news. The question is, how amenable is this man and his family to making such a huge shift?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables